• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction screw-up ... books returned. CLOSED

109 posts in this topic

Something smells fishy. They can't demand you send back a lot you rightfully paid for. And why would they even ask for it. You stated you wanted to send everything back before you got the response back. So are they taking them all back because that is what you requested they do?

Not a demand, it's a request ... two entire different things. Yes, I did said I would want to send them back but it is an opinion by myself in thinking. All I have done was wrote a polite letter in explaining what happened and had asked them what should I do about these books. I did asked for an explanation on what had happened - they said they don't know how or why it happened but are looking that matter.

So, they have requested that I am to return all the books to their office. I would image they wanted to check that everything is on the up and up and all are what is said from the beginning. Said if I wanted to return all, they will put credit in my account. This is the customer service in works

So, there is still the possibility that I can keep the spideys I won, and the extra lots go to the rightful owners. For now, I will find out on Saturday then.

Well, the extra lots (books) had been returned like I said I would. So, this thread should be closed

Now I can say the real reason I wrote this thread here. It is to see how many of you would tell me whatever or not I should return the books not belonging to me - or to keep the books?

That was when I said to my friend - that I want to see what kind of reactions when said what had happened in here. art of the auction. He said he was curious to see this thread how it will go. :golfclap: You may have got him interested to join the forums! He liked this site here, so we have another new member coming up.

I had met with the head manager upon returning the extra lots with ASM - all together. I showed him how that happened, and he understood how easy this mistake can happen. Then he showed to the kid (employee) next to him that mistake. I grinned as I looked "so this is the kid who made the mistake?" lol

I get to keep my ASM books and the other books went on way to true owners. The head manager had gave me a $50 credit put in my account. It ended up good enough for me.

Kudos :applause: to the people who said "Return the books" - that is exactly my first thought from the beginning. I would never keep anyone's books not belonging to me!! I think I know which who I will do dealing with.

To anyone who still doubt me, thinking I'm lying? Here is the photo

MyNewComicBooks-2014005_zpse12ada75.jpg

Go ahead - call them to verify if you want. I've done what I said and had kept my word. It's over.

You're an odd duck.

Thank you for the kind comment. Better be the odd duck than be a boring plain duck!

As the old saying goes: When someone hand you lemons, make lemonade out of them. That was what I did. :grin: