• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lucifer ordered for a Fox pilot
1 1

504 posts in this topic

Pour one out for the first hit Sandman TV show: Lucifer

There’s a lot to enjoy in Netflix’s The Sandman series. The show is good! The comic is great! It’s rich with meaty allusions ripe for discovery. It’s a story with fascinating mysteries and wonderful messages.

It’s also created a great situation for me personally, one where I get to point out that Lucifer of the TV show Lucifer and Lucifer of The Sandman are the same character.

In case you’re not familiar with Lucifer, it’s the Tom Ellis-starring dramedy that ran three seasons on Fox and three more on Netflix. And if you are familiar with the show that’s equal parts detective procedural, supernatural drama, and love story, you could still be unaware of its connection to DC Comics’ The Sandman.

:banana:

In honor of the show's home media release, Screen Rant spoke exclusively with showrunners Joe Henderson and Ildy Modrovich to discuss Lucifer season 6, the challenges of crafting a satisfying finale, the potential for a future revival, and more.

SR: You two have delivered so many iconic character development moments, action scenes, and whatnot throughout these six seasons. Is there any one moment that you are most proud of?

Joe Henderson: I got one, Lucifer protecting Chloe with the wings at the end of season 3. One, I was just happy to have that in my episode, but also it was something we'd been building towards, so the whole room was always pitching towards this beautiful, iconic moment. Then, I was with Tom on set while he was acting out the inside of the wings, and I remember, he's going through it and he's playing stoic, and I remember he's like, "What do you think," and I'm like, "Tom, show us just how much this hurts you." I watched him immediately sell that and just break my heart, I was like, "Oh my god, I feel like I'm hurting him right now." That just felt so iconic, and it felt like the kind of moment that would make it so that Fox could never cancel us, at all, no matter what. There was no way they would do it.

Ildy Modrovich: And it worked! Oh, wait. I'm a sucker for the romance, and there were so many moments in the show that I love and I'm proud of, but the ones that I personally, like, forced was the axe scene. [Laughs] I really am proud of that moment, I think it's a beautifully romantic moment between Chloe and Lucifer. There's so many, I'm gonna have to say, also, Dan figuring out that he had been duped in "Dan: Naked and Afraid," that was not mine, that was Mika Costa, but God dang it, that was satisfying.