• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ditko Machine Man Art Day!! Finally!

11 posts in this topic

ays been a favorite character of mine and Steve Ditko, well, what can I say that you don't already know.? When I first started digging around for a page and I never dreamed how impossibly hard it would be to find one, let alone a good one, you all of course know the difference. The more I looked the more I noticed that such a page was extremely rare. I emailed dealers, CAF sellers, asked friends and went as far as to send a letter to Mr. Ditko himself, which you can see his reply in my gallery now. Well, seven years later one pops up on the internet to only be disappear. It took some emails, some phone calls, a bit of wheeling and dealing and (I'm not going to lie) a good amount of money and now, at long last I finally have my grail. I don't use that term loosely and I know that it gets batted around more often than it should but I will say it again, "grail".

Have you ever gotten a page and felt like won something? This is the page that makes me feel like a winner. Thanks to all the friends I made in the hobby, the dealers, Sparkle City, CAF., the boards (this one and the other one), and the people I irritated. All of these people are the building blocks I needed to own this page.

Have a look.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1162060&GSub=115130

Best,

Steve Davich

great page congrats. but I have to wonder if ditko even bother to look to see if he has any m m pages. I really think he just does not care about his art from the past . too bad he did not tell what he had. I can only wonder about how much art he is sitting on. hummm. ;]

larry.

Thanks for all the kind words, gentlemen,

It looks like Ditko inked and penciled Shade as well as Machine Man. Which could give us some clues as to why these pages so rarely surface. What is he sitting on and how did the page I have get out? It was cosigned so I have no idea who the owner is but one though, the page is immaculate.

Hmmmmm…. Machinelad34 - has a nice ring to it.

Steve Davich