• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I received an interesting phone call last week...

495 posts in this topic

I went round a mans house the other day who had some real low grade comics, Green Lantern 2-20, JLA 1-20, they were all pretty bad.

I pulled out the JLA 1, Our Army at War 151, he said I can't find my prices. He said, "well I want £5", I said "I was not gonna give you £5" he quickly replied by saying "Well you can't have them then" I replied saying "I was gonna give you £35"

He was happy, cost me £25 quid to get there, was seeing someone else though, figured I could double my money. Sold the JLA 1 for $100 (poor).

At least Brock gave the asking price, I've seen dealers with a very good deal, and still try to haggle someone down even more.

Good luck to you Brock, I'm sure he'll do something good anyway ;-)

Yes, except for this, edited for brevity:

In case anyone needs clarification, the story is a hoax, as I'm sure many suspected anyways.

2) the reason I posted my story was to have a bit of fun with the book...and get a few people all riled up on a Wednesday. It worked...as I knew the "you ripped off an old lady" hawkers would come out in force.

A lot of folks seemed to have skimmed over this post.

Yes, except for this, edited for brevity:

In case anyone needs clarification, the story is a hoax, as I'm sure many suspected anyways.

2) the reason I posted my story was to have a bit of fun with the book...and get a few people all riled up on a Wednesday. It worked...as I knew the "you ripped off an old lady" hawkers would come out in force.

A lot of folks seemed to have skimmed over this post.

Just the ones that are tripping over themselves to give him kudos. lol

I'm putting together a box of old coverless comics that I can sell to the OP, sight unseen, for $1500.

Sure...fire away. Be sure to include one of these:

0BHc0ty.jpg

Wow, with that eye appeal, you're looking at $25k right there.

:tonofbricks:

BBW

8b800276-3387-495f-aa15-6622cc0c30a2_zpsf932d418.jpg

Big bodied women. Curvy women were considered beautiful for millenia in much classic artwork until just recently when twiggies and women that look like 12 year old boys took over. lol

BBW

8b800276-3387-495f-aa15-6622cc0c30a2_zpsf932d418.jpg

Big bodied women. Curvy women were considered beautiful for millenia in much classic artwork until just recently when twiggies and women that look like 12 year old boys took over. lol

I love all women,especially the ones that are a lot of woman.

Long live the hourglass,long live GGA, headlights, and long live my beautiful lovely classically beautiful wife,in all the best beautiful ways she is,and let me tell you,I've posted pics,she is beautiful.Don't know where I was,am going with this,other than I think my wife is gorgeous,those of you who have seen know she is,and all women,and all of us are beautiful too.

We share the beauty of a common bond,of love of comics,of having such a great place to meet great people.

:acclaim:

Now,I'm gonna pet my cat.