• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool flick coming February 2016

128 posts in this topic

Yes, DEADPOOL Is Part Of The X-MEN Movie Universe

---------------------

Since Fox Studios has given new life to the Deadpool movie with a 2016 release date that is almost eight years after Ryan Reynolds debuted as the mutant mercenary in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, many have wondered if the Tim Miller-directed adaptation will be completely standalone, or still a part of the ever-growing X-Men universe. Well, this was addressed during a recent interview with screenwriter/producer Simon Kinberg, who is overseeing Fox's shared Marvel universe so far with X-Men: Days of Future Past, X-Men: Apocalypse and The Fantastic Four. "There’s definitely a sort of overall plan that we’ve all been talking about for the X-Men universe now, and Deadpool obviously fits into that," he confirmed. "So yeah, I guess I would say it's part of certainly an overall timeline and thought process that goes into these films, some of which is inspired by the comics and some which is inspired by seeing what Marvel’s done with telling a larger tapestry and linking all those movies together, even as they stand independently as well. The same kind of thought is going to go into these X-Men movies at Fox."

---------------------

Did Liefeld confirm Cable in movies?

As for when and if Cable will make his big screen debut in the near future, all he would say is: "Cable is awesome. And he will…when he appears on screen, we’re all going to nerdgasm, because he’s coming. They can’t hold him back. He’s coming."

:whee:

Did Liefeld confirm Cable in movies?

As for when and if Cable will make his big screen debut in the near future, all he would say is: "Cable is awesome. And he will…when he appears on screen, we’re all going to nerdgasm, because he’s coming. They can’t hold him back. He’s coming."

:whee:

Thats what I thought I heard (thumbs u

Now this is some alright stuff. I think that Reynolds is a good choice considering his performance in Wolverine Origins.

However....putting the writing team together and all that jazz? Not so sure.

This leak or whatever it is, feels way over scripted, I dunno, feels like he is trying too hard. Trying to catch too much of Wade Wilson in a minute instead of just relaxing and having fun.

Which makes me believe this is a intentional release and not a leak...

I am hoping with an official trailer things will be more polished.