• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Open Letter to CGC

226 posts in this topic

I've gotten something done by speaking with them.

I seem to get a lot of things done by speaking with them.

I am never quite sure why people assume that threads are read and acted upon by the powers that make change. That by writing more and more they will be "forced to act" because I will it so.

Exactly. I've had conversations, short but productive, with Paul Litch who seemed to genuinely care about my opinion. However, I took the time to seek him out. I did not post some public whine about the unfairness of life, eBay, and TATs. If you really want to generate attention, post your rant on their Facebook page. I would bet money they would quickly respond to your post even if its to say, "We love our customers! Thank you for your input."

Post on a Bulletin Board with a few hundred people, at most, using it at any given time? Yeah, they probably don't care that much. This place is the backroom gathering of pimply geeks eating Cheetos and complaining about the new Wonder Woman. Admittedly, some of the geeks came to the store driving a Maserati but they are still pissed about TATs and Wonder Woman.

Ok so if this isn't a place to voice your opinions or concerns to CGC what options do I have? From my understanding, and correct me if this was not the case, the people that they did take suggestions from were retailers who are regulars on the convention circuit. What about the lowly collector/comic enthusiast? Surely the people we buy comics from can't represent us as well? So then there are either at least 2 customer groups for CGC, retailers and collectors/buyers (or everyone else) or only retailers are considered the customer base. I don't believe that the gentlemen (and a few bastards) who are selling comics and use CGC to help them make a living can have the same interests and concerns as their customers.

There is somewhat of a food chain here:

CGC>Retailers/Sellers>Collectors/customers

So if CGC listened to the Retailers, where do the Collectors get to have their voices heard? Or do we not matter as the amount of money we spend is a drop in the bucket?

I don't think any one person has all that much influence even if they're huge account retailers. It's possible the largest account holders may have some very limited sway and could possibly get them to consider a proposed change, addition, feature, or service, but ultimately they're the ones deciding. How bad you want it isn't a concern of theirs. How much money it can make them is.

Actually to be fair to CGC, they did listen to the collectors on this forum regarding the way that tape was graded by them and adjusted their policies accordingly. It's a shame that they didn't do it sooner but it did happen.

I think the OP should henceforth be known as a troll. This was pretty much a trolling thread…

Good sir, I've seen trolling and that was not trolling.

I think the OP should henceforth be known as a troll. This was pretty much a trolling thread…

It wasn't flagrant, but he was trying to stir the pot. There wasn't anything in his thread that hasn't been discussed. It was also convenient he started it over the weekend knowing it would be allowed to go until Monday.

If it wasn't trolling, then he went fishing…

24wx4q8.gif

lol exactly

It wasn't flagrant, but he was trying to stir the pot. There wasn't anything in his thread that hasn't been discussed. It was also convenient he started it over the weekend knowing it would be allowed to go until Monday.

Nah... Gotta be an optimist

He started it Friday as that was his free day.

I try to be an optimist, but the thread just screams "Look at me."

I think Stanley should change "WE" when writing to CGC to an "I" instead. He doesn't speak on everyone's behalf, I couldn't careless about autographed comics. I was 14 a long time ago. My only requests to CGC is to simplify the submission order forms and get rid of the $5 invoice fee. Other than that, I'm happy. Bring back the 20% off coupons and I'd be even happier!

I think the OP should henceforth be known as a troll. This was pretty much a trolling thread

If it wasn't trolling, then he went fishing

I try to be an optimist, but the thread just screams "Look at me."

Don't you two have jobs to get to?!?!

117473.jpg

I've gotten something done by speaking with them.

I seem to get a lot of things done by speaking with them.

I am never quite sure why people assume that threads are read and acted upon by the powers that make change. That by writing more and more they will be "forced to act" because I will it so.

Exactly. I've had conversations, short but productive, with Paul Litch who seemed to genuinely care about my opinion. However, I took the time to seek him out. I did not post some public whine about the unfairness of life, eBay, and TATs. If you really want to generate attention, post your rant on their Facebook page. I would bet money they would quickly respond to your post even if its to say, "We love our customers! Thank you for your input."

Post on a Bulletin Board with a few hundred people, at most, using it at any given time? Yeah, they probably don't care that much. This place is the backroom gathering of pimply geeks eating Cheetos and complaining about the new Wonder Woman. Admittedly, some of the geeks came to the store driving a Maserati but they are still pissed about TATs and Wonder Woman.

Ok so if this isn't a place to voice your opinions or concerns to CGC what options do I have? From my understanding, and correct me if this was not the case, the people that they did take suggestions from were retailers who are regulars on the convention circuit. What about the lowly collector/comic enthusiast? Surely the people we buy comics from can't represent us as well? So then there are either at least 2 customer groups for CGC, retailers and collectors/buyers (or everyone else) or only retailers are considered the customer base. I don't believe that the gentlemen (and a few bastards) who are selling comics and use CGC to help them make a living can have the same interests and concerns as their customers.

There is somewhat of a food chain here:

CGC>Retailers/Sellers>Collectors/customers

So if CGC listened to the Retailers, where do the Collectors get to have their voices heard? Or do we not matter as the amount of money we spend is a drop in the bucket?

I don't think any one person has all that much influence even if they're huge account retailers. It's possible the largest account holders may have some very limited sway and could possibly get them to consider a proposed change, addition, feature, or service, but ultimately they're the ones deciding. How bad you want it isn't a concern of theirs. How much money it can make them is.

Actually to be fair to CGC, they did listen to the collectors on this forum regarding the way that tape was graded by them and adjusted their policies accordingly. It's a shame that they didn't do it sooner but it did happen.

When something is done should not matter. The fact that it was done is the positive.

Stanley,

Your first post was vague and open to interpretation and pitchforks ! break down your concerns with sensible reasoning and facts, Then call or e-mail the CGC and handle it in a professional manner. Personal opinion on why they are doing things or questioning their timing will not get anyone anywhere.

EXAMPLE:

CGC,

I feel like the extra charge for services on grader fees is DOUBLE CHARGING ! while I understand the the costs associated with running a business , labor, supply's, rent, taxes ....etc. I feel like when I pay you to Grade and encase my book , Included in that fee are charges to track the defects on that book. Turning around and then having me pay additional money for those notes feels like a double charge. I don't know how substantial this extra service is to your business model, It might be something that your company could review going forward. please advise I look forward to a response.

The sports memorabilia market has absolutely been crippled by authentication of forged sigs-FBI estimates 90% of sports memorabila is forged.

Can you source that statistic? Because research shows that 98.2% of all statistics are just made up on the spot.

And 4 out of every 5 dentist would agree