• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Open Letter to CGC

226 posts in this topic

To place the reasoning behind not having an authentication service because it cannot be considered 100% reliable is bogus in my opinion, especially when the current system itself is not 100% reliable.

:applause:

But there is a difference between the extremely vast majority of the signatures being directly witnessed and none of them being directly witnessed.

To place the reasoning behind not having an authentication service because it cannot be considered 100% reliable is bogus in my opinion, especially when the current system itself is not 100% reliable.

But there is a difference between the extremely vast majority of the signatures being directly witnessed and none of them being directly witnessed.

But 0% of them would be certified as witnessed.

That was my point. The yellow label is as good as a guarantee you can get of authenticity, because CGC backs those signatures as being directly witnessed. Even with the occasional issue, that is about the best standard for authenticity you could hope for. Any autograph certified after the fact (sometimes decades after the fact) can never be anywhere near that standard of certainty.

That was my point. The yellow label is as good as a guarantee you can get of authenticity, because CGC backs those signatures as being directly witnessed. Even with the occasional issue, that is about the best standard for authenticity you could hope for. Any autograph certified after the fact (sometimes decades after the fact) can never be anywhere near that standard of certainty.

I think the people that want this service don't care.

I heard there was a turkey sandwich that mutated and ate half of Buffalo.

:popcorn:

See, this is why I hate the CGC Boards...that is just not true!!! Why do people feel they can throw around lies willy nilly with impunity, hiding behind the safety of keyboards?? :facepalm:

Suck it, Fat Flash. My keyboard isn't 1/10th big enough for me to hide behi....wait...

Now where's that turkey sandwich monster meme....?

If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there to see it. Does that mean that it never actually happened?

See, this is why I hate the CGC Boards...that is just not true!!! Why do people feel they can throw around lies willy nilly with impunity, hiding behind the safety of keyboards?? :facepalm:

Suck it, Fat Flash. My keyboard isn't 1/10th big enough for me to hide behi....wait...

Please play nice guys...this is a good discussion. Would hate to see this disappear especially with me IBTL...

I think the people that want this service don't care.

Orange label :cloud9:

Please play nice guys...this is a good discussion. Would hate to see this disappear especially with me IBTL...

lol

You need to work on your board history some more, and your humor detect-o-meter is a little on the fritz...

And I adore Speedy...have for years. :luhv:

This thread will probably be pruned if not poofed.

This thread will probably be pruned if not poofed.

Poof for sure…

What would be wrong with the only books given CGC SS status, are those books that were signed in front of certain full time CGC employees?

Can not one or more of those, be at every show? Would it just be to much of a burden, which would lesson SS submissions? Thus hurting the bottom line, and curtailing the hobby interested in this sort of branch offspring?

I mean. If you are going to attempt to make the system as perfect and trustworthy as you can. That would be the way to go.

Having said all of that. I'm good with it just as it is.

The sports memorabilia market has absolutely been crippled by authentication of forged sigs-FBI estimates 90% of sports memorabila is forged.

The sports memorabilia market has absolutely been crippled by authentication of forged sigs-FBI estimates 90% of sports memorabila is forged.

It is why I reluctantly pay a premium to purchase them through Steiner for the few pieces I have.