• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet Comicon 2015, Kansas City, MO March 13-15 2015

49 posts in this topic

The lady and I just had Jack Stack. They have a rib that is literally 1 lb of meat.. On 1 rib.

Have found some good books in the $1 bins but gotta dig like usual. Comics4Less has tons of $2 and $5 books and give you $5 off if you like their Facebook page. Artist alley is full of great talent too. Crowds were not bad at all today.

Yep. Debating whether going today or not. Scott Wilson panel is at 11.

I feel like I'm going to have to do a post con write up here since it's crickets! Wish I'd taken some cosplay photos but was focused on the books.

Crowds on Saturday were pretty packed in on some rows. The most crowded the past 2 days were the lines for photo ops, Jason Aaron, Skottie Young, and the rows that had lots of toy dealers.

Wish I'd taken some cosplay photos but was focused on the books.

You never need to apologize for that!

Yes, please do some sort of report. I really wanted to see his show so anything would be appreciated!

I went on Saturday to finish a deal on a book I didn't pull the trigger on Friday. It was jam packed early but manageable by around 3-4. I left around 4:30 to get on the road. Overall, it was a good show. Good mix of dealers I don't normally see at the Wizard shows, including some from the East coast. Bought a fair amount.

Was most excited by a dealer with the best stock of indie and small press books I'd ever seen at a show. Finished my run of Palookaville and filled a hole in my L&R run. Missed a B&W #1 Love and Rockets. A boardie snagged it before I got there. Met 1 boardie for the first time. Very nice. Great dinner Friday night at the Ameristar steakhouse. Spent hours playing poker there before crashing to get ready for Saturday. Ate at KC local tradition, Town Topic. Old school, hole in the wall burger joint.

Hotel rooms were hard to come by with the Big 12 tourney plus St. Patricks Day weekend plus a regional poker tournament. Parking was easy first day, $8 across the street from the show. Saturday was busier and I had to park a few blocks away, $10 for all day. Crazy cheap parking compared to many cities.

Lots of Millenials asking for DC related show books: Green Arrow being the biggest I heard. If it was movie related, it was on a wall and selling if not ridiculously priced. Not a great deal of GA in the room, but Harley Yee was set up and had his usual fantastic selection of books. Outside of Harley Didn't see many super keys like AF 15 or any GA super books. Saw a couple DD #1s aggressively priced.

That's about it for my trip report. No pictures. This show is growing every year and continues to be a reasonable close show for me to attend. I recommend it.