• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accepting Subs - So Cal Comic Con! (Trimpe, John K, etc) SKETCH COVER DEAL!

9 posts in this topic

Hey, everyone, it's that time of year again. We are accepting submissions for the upcoming So Cal Comic Con in Oceanside. Guest list is below. Books need to be in hand by Friday, October 3rd.

SKETCH COVER DEAL: If you get a sketch cover done by one of our artists, you will get:

1) a FREE BLANK COVER (I will have Marvel, DC, and Transformers blanks available)

2) a CGC grading and handling fee of only $25 per book, which is more or less my cost, plus the $5 invoice fee and return shipping.

I will be posting sketch rates from the various artists, I will try to post examples of past covers, and will post a list of the blanks I can make available. I cannot guarantee grades, but I will strive to provide 9.8 (or at the very least, 9.6) copies.In many cases, if the book comes back lower than a 9.4 (for any artist except Joe Rubenstein) I would buy back the book from you at cost if you choose. There is no book to mail in (unless you want it to be on your specific blank cover), I would just need payment and character selection by the 3rd and your information by the 6th.

NON SKETCH COVERS: Regular submission fee is $35 per modern book, plus $5 for each additional signature. (Economy books like Hulk #181 depend on the value/condition of the book, but start at $50 plus $5 for each additional signature) You then need to add the $5 per invoice fee, plus return shipping.

Guest list includes:

Herb Trimpe (please add $10 per book for Mr. Trimpe)

John Kricfalusi ($50/1st character; $30 each additional character; must be personalized)

Eric Basaldua (no sketch requests)

Joe Benitez ($100/head sketch; $200 bust; $300+ full figure)

Tony Fleecs ($20/quick pony head sketch; $100 full color commission)

Richard Friend (not inking or sketching at this show)

Joel Gomez ($50 head sketch, $75 bust/torso, $100 full figure)

Danny Miki (not inking or sketching at this show)

Chris Moreno

Rafael Navarro ($40/sketch)

Livio Ramondelli ($30/head sketch; $60 bust; $120 full figure; all are inked w/greyscale marker shading)

Darick Robertson ($25/pencil head sketch; $50 bust/torso pencil; $100 full figure pencil; Add $ for inking)

Tone Rodriguez ($40/B&W sketch, $80 color sketch)

Joe Rubenstein ($50/head&shoulders, $75 for 3/4 figure, $100 full figure)

J.K. Woodward ($20/head sketch, $50 full figure)

Ken Kristensen

Steve Niles

JP Roth

(NOTE: If you get a book signed by Herb Trimpe and want to add Len Wein's signature to the book, we can handle that request but that will be an additional $20 per book for Wein's signature. Books that need Wein's signature may take up to 3-4 weeks extra to get into the system)

Please ship any books to:

Joel Elad

5694 Mission Center Rd, #602-444

San Diego, CA 92108

Yellow labels can be sent in, I can crack and prep them. If you want to put books on your own CGC account, PM me and we can work out a deal.

Joel

P.S. One final note: John Kricfalusi is requesting that any sketch covers he does be personalized to someone.

More sketch rates have been posted. Taking requests all the way to Saturday night!

BONUS: If you want a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sketch from any of these artists, I can provide a killer blank cover for FREE as long as you're spending $50 on a sketch. (See the sketch cover below)

150111.jpg.a1f1475d44c84e5621cf71914d481895.jpg