• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does CLink always do this or is it the seller?

6 posts in this topic

So I put an offer in on a book that had been listed on CLink for a few months. Over their purchase price, under their asking price, so nothing insulting.

I wait a few days and nothing happens, and then on the 3rd day I see the book has now "mysteriously" shown up back on the front page, with a new listing date of that day, but with my "offer" showing.

So is this something that CLink does when books get offers? Or did the seller ask CLink to "relist" the book to try and draw some eyes to see if s/he could get any better offers.

So I put an offer in on a book that had been listed on CLink for a few months. Over their purchase price, under their asking price, so nothing insulting.

I wait a few days and nothing happens, and then on the 3rd day I see the book has now "mysteriously" shown up back on the front page, with a new listing date of that day, but with my "offer" showing.

So is this something that CLink does when books get offers? Or did the seller ask CLink to "relist" the book to try and draw some eyes to see if s/he could get any better offers.

Did the asking price drop? If you do a 10% drop I think the book cycles back to the top.

that's better than when you pay the asking price, and they wait 2 weeks to cancel your order...without cause given beyond, book no longer available.

I feel you. But I thought this one was safe since it had only been listed a few months ago. I assume almost everything with an old list date is no longer available. (I know some people use this strategy and end up getting deals, but its just not worth all the time wasted putting in orders, leaving money off the table in hopes of the transaction happening...)

Did the asking price drop? If you do a 10% drop I think the book cycles back to the top.

you know, I didnt think so but now that I think about it maybe it did (though just an 8% drop)