• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Essentials Reprints

4 posts in this topic

I received a few Marvel Essentials volumes for Christmas and after reading a few I was surprised to find that the source material for some was not the original issues but the reprints like Marvel Tales, Marvels Greatest, Triple Action and others. This is due to topical references, back issue notations and other edits that were done to make many of the reprints more current. For all I know they could all be derived from reprint editions but it is tough to say with the others.

I also remember that some of these reprints were incomplete due to page limits, and I am wondering if there are pages missing from the Essentials volumes?

I compared a copy of Marvel Triple Action that I have to the Essential Avengers for the same issue. The Essential had 2 full splash pages not featured in the Marvel Triple Action issue, which I assume were in the original pulished Avengers issue.

So from this example the Essentials book kept the original material.

That's very possible.

That would be interesting to know how Marvel or DC has their issues archived. Do they still own original issues or is every issue scannned and stored.