• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Zone Radio Show Impressions

4 posts in this topic

I've seen the Comic Zone radio program advertisted on these boards quite a bit, but I never really got a chance to sit down and listen to a bunch of them until this last long weekend. I was going through a few long boxes of comics that need to be organized downstairs and my comic area is right next to the computer so I loaded up a few programs to give them a try. I ended up listening to about 15 of them by the time the weekend was over.

I was impressed, for the most part. True, sometimes Vincent butts in a bit too much on some of the guests and often his obvious Marvel bias shows through wink.gif but in general these shows are well worth a listen if you haven't tried them out yet.

I enjoyed the shows that had comic collectors / historians / etc on more then the ones with comic artists. Not really sure why that is though, perhaps my own bias against most modern stuff perhaps.

The Jon Berk show was my favorite. It was like when you are at a con and some BSD is chatting with a dealer and they are swapping fascinating stories and you are paging through the high grade romance books for the 4th time just so you can overhear what they are talking about. The story about Lamont Larson was amazing.

The Susan Cicconi and Matt Nelson shows were great. Plenty of good discussion on restoring comics and the market place for those comics. They didn't always agree but I felt I learned a lot during those two hours. Very well done programs.

The, suprisingly enough, liked the Jim Shooter shows. Man, Shooter is still as arrogant as ever, but he tells a great story. An amazing trip through 30 years of comic history. *I* was even fascinated and I haven't been able to read a Marvel comic since I was 15.

Anyway, great job on the show Vincent and I look forward to hearing upcoming shows.

Comic Zone

Thanks so much. I really appreciate the criticisms too as I am trying not to butt in as much but have also been told I have to be able to guide guests who sometimes go off course. Sometimes it is a very fine line to walk and maybe I end up on the wrong side. I really enjoyed today's interview with Ed Hannigan and Dan Walker from Collectibles Insurance Agency- well worth a listen.

Thanks again,

VZ