• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looky Looky Super obscure Warren!!!!!!!!!!

4 posts in this topic

I seem to recall there were piles of unsold copies found in a warehouse back when Warren was liquidated and they still turn up pretty frequently in places like Ebay. But having said that, I bought my copy over 10 years ago and it may have been more plentiful then than it is now. Either way, I think it's a pretty astonishingly bizarre magazine about one of the great eccentrics. I value my copy and I congratulate you on yours! Kudos!

Either way, I think it's a pretty astonishingly bizarre magazine about one of the great eccentrics. I value my copy and I congratulate you on yours! Kudos!

I like that attitude toward it. Warehouse find or no warehouse find, it doesn't make any difference to appreciating the substance of the magazine. Tiny Tim is a bizarre footnote in recording history, right up there with characters like Wildman Fischer or Moondog or Blowfly or David Allen Coe or Francis E. Dek or the Singing Nun or whatever.

Either way, I think it's a pretty astonishingly bizarre magazine about one of the great eccentrics. I value my copy and I congratulate you on yours! Kudos!

I like that attitude toward it. Warehouse find or no warehouse find, it doesn't make any difference to appreciating the substance of the magazine. Tiny Tim is a bizarre footnote in recording history, right up there with characters like Wildman Fischer or Moondog or Blowfly or David Allen Coe or Francis E. Dek or the Singing Nun or whatever.

Speaking of Wildman Fischer, I've been recently re-reading the run of Dennis Eichhorn's Real Stuff, published by Fantagraphics in the early 90's, and in the last few issues there is a six part series about Eichhorn's 'relationship' with Wildman that is bloody fascinating. The strips have been collected in a stand alone TPB that is very much worth seeking out if you're interested in the guy! It's one of my favorite tales in comics, to be sure! And there's Derailroaded, a really interesting documentary about WMF!!!