• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Review: Shipping from the Big Sellers

27 posts in this topic

Today's box from HA. This is typical.

jF1ouuBl.jpg

HQEVdAHl.jpg

My last few boxes from Heritage also looked like this.

Not sure what HA can do about that. Looks like USPS caused the damage. (shrug)

Key question is whether the book was wrapped securely enough to withstand the damage to the box.

They were not double boxed.

The only time I ever received a double boxed order from Heritage was when I received a USPS box inside a Fed Ed box on what was a high dollar order.

Key question is whether the book was wrapped securely enough to withstand the damage to the box.

First, I receive lots of boxes, a few each week, with comics in them. Only from HA.com, do I have this problem, and I have it routinely with them. If it were a USPS issue, I'd have lots of crushed boxes. Second, there was insufficient padding inside the box, as there is always insufficient padding from them. There is too much void space. The comics are wrapped in bubblewrap, dropped in the box, but then nothing is done about the void, no peanuts, no bubble wrap, no paper. Just empty space which gets crushed every time HA sends me a box.

First, I receive lots of boxes, a few each week, with comics in them. Only from HA.com, do I have this problem, and I have it routinely with them. If it were a USPS issue, I'd have lots of crushed boxes. Second, there was insufficient padding inside the box, as there is always insufficient padding from them. There is too much void space. The comics are wrapped in bubblewrap, dropped in the box, but then nothing is done about the void, no peanuts, no bubble wrap, no paper. Just empty space which gets crushed every time HA sends me a box.

I had said earlier that I never had a problem with HA shipping and many times received even lower value items double boxed but my last item was shipped exactly as you described. It was a single $100 slab wrapped in barely-adequate bubble warp and simply dropped in the USPS box - free to move around. It was undamaged but it is disappointing.

I'm very curious about your HA experience because it flies in the face of everything I have ever gotten from them, and that is A LOT. Anything I ever get from HA is always filled to the hilt with packing material. I just got a package the other day with 3 slabs in it. It was double boxed, filled to the brim in the first box with bubble wrap and the second box was stuffed with packing peanuts. I'm still finding some in my house. The only complaint I ever had with them was shipping a $1k+ piece of art in a bag that was then placed between 8 pieces of cardboard, tapped and shipped. It was secure but I was expecting them to spring for a hard back to put the art in.

The times when I've had a single slab shipped from HA, the packaging has been very minimal. :(

hm Interesting. I get a lot shipped from Heritage but I save up my auction wins from multiple auctions to combine shipping, always a stack of books. Comes in a large peanut filled box.