• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Thor is...hot??

85 posts in this topic

Is it just me or do many of the comic writers seem bored with the material themselves, so almost to entertain themselves they do these massive re-imaginings of the source material?

Obviously they are also trying to kickstart sales, so desperation could be a factor.

I still haven't gotten over the Spiderman reboot cover. Yeah, that one. Okay, it was only last year, but was he selling toothpaste?

Yes, I know, it's a dead horse. With a horrible smile.

vertoi.jpg

I've been reading old Thors and Odin is kinda stupid and kinda an a-hole. Many times did Thor save his spoon but never once did Odin save Thor. And he was constantly taking away his powers and banishing him.

I've been reading old Thors and Odin is kinda stupid and kinda an a-hole. Many times did Thor save his spoon but never once did Odin save Thor. And he was constantly taking away his powers and banishing him.

Here's some cases where Odin helped Thor (maybe not always directly... but)..

http://www.comicvine.com/the-odin-force/4015-35070/

That got me to thinking. Why don't they start a series (or have they) about Odin's younger days? hm

Certainly, he'd have some cool stories to tell about the nine realms and days of yore.

Anyways, my vote for a pop (ok, maybe not literal Dad, but pretty much close)... doing some serious backup for his apprentice was when the Ancient One literally put Eternity in a headlock to save Dr. Strange. That one scene always blew me away.

Personally, I think this sucks. Thor isn't just a Marvel comic hero, he's an ancient Nordic god with stories almost as old as time. You can't just change that...even if you are Marvel comics...

The Nordic Thor never teamed up with a group of superheroes known as the Avengers. That can't be why you dislike the switch.

Personally, I think this sucks. Thor isn't just a Marvel comic hero, he's an ancient Nordic god with stories almost as old as time. You can't just change that...even if you are Marvel comics...

The Nordic Thor never teamed up with a group of superheroes known as the Avengers. That can't be why you dislike the switch.

Then how about being the 'Thunder God', and not the 'Thunder Goddess'. (shrug)

Why didn't they just start a new Valkeryie series? I've said it before & I'll say it again; when they run out of ideas for a character they will either add a new side-kick, do a costume change, make the character change gender or change race, ect. They should really try to serve quality.

Then how about being the 'Thunder God', and not the 'Thunder Goddess'. (shrug)

It's still a silly reason to rail against the change. There are reasons to dislike it, such as it's pretty much just a cash grab, but because it doesn't follow Nordic tradition? None of the comic does.

Why didn't they just start a new Valkeryie series? I've sad it before & I'll say it again; when they run out of ideas for a character, they add a new side-kick, do a costume change, make the character change gender or change race, ect. They should really try to serve quality.
Cause reviving a Valkyrie series doesn't sell as many books or get media headlines.

That got me to thinking. Why don't they start a series (or have they) about Odin's younger days? hm

Certainly, he'd have some cool stories to tell about the nine realms and days of yore.

The only one that comes to mind is the story about how he lost his brothers to Surtur. I don't know that it would work, though... people who would buy Tales of Asgard is only going to be a subset of Thor readers, not enough to warrant a regular title.

Anyways, my vote for a pop (ok, maybe not literal Dad, but pretty much close)... doing some serious backup for his apprentice was when the Ancient One literally put Eternity in a headlock to save Dr. Strange. That one scene always blew me away.

Yeah it seems Odin never helped Thor directly only when he was saving all of Asgard in the process-like with Mangog. They should do a younger days of Odin where he shot his eye out with a bb gun....

Yeah it seems Odin never helped Thor directly only when he was saving all of Asgard in the process-like with Mangog. They should do a younger days of Odin where he shot his eye out with a bb gun....

That's it! A tie in with the Christmas Story movie. You'll shoot your eye out!

AGREED :headbang:

That's it! A tie in with the Christmas Story movie. You'll shoot your eye out!

Then Odin gets the decoder pin and 'don't forget to drink your Ovaltine' so he sends a blast of Odinforce to Ovaltine AND Little Annie Fannie....