• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink November Auction - post 'em if you got 'em

154 posts in this topic

I wouldn't disagree with either of you, just thinking that's its human nature to anchor to the peak number and want to get what the other guy got. I'm guessing anyone would do the same. It's a good result that's 16% off a result weeks old.

I wouldn't disagree with either of you, just thinking that's its human nature to anchor to the peak number and want to get what the other guy got. I'm guessing anyone would do the same. It's a good result that's 16% off a result weeks old.

Hence (not saying you) why most people in this world are worthless human beings.

Most people are stupid so do the opposite of them and see the big picture.

Hence (not saying you) why most people in this world are worthless human beings.

Most people are stupid so do the opposite of them and see the big picture.

Try to have a little more faith in your fellow man, Sir.

October is typically a slow month for everything, from stocks to comics. A little pullback from recent record high prices isn't a bad thing, and there aren't any overly hyped movies coming out in the next 30-60 days to fuel speculation.

Timing is everything.

Got the book I was targeting tonight for pretty much exactly what I expected/hoped to pay. It is the last one I need to complete this short set in 6.5 or better.

RAD3452C2014828_114051.jpg

I don't let myself collect any sci-fi titles from that era because I know I would just wind up going broke. Very sweet book.

Kind of looks like the prices have been all over the place with this auction. I see a few nice prices but a bunch of books went cheap compared to GPA. No wins for me but I only went in on a couple hotter books.

Kind of looks like the prices have been all over the place with this auction. I see a few nice prices but a bunch of books went cheap compared to GPA. No wins for me but I only went in on a couple hotter books.

This pattern seems fairly typical for most Clink auctions I've followed. There are typically deals to be had, but some books will go high too. It just depends on what you're looking for. I've paid strong for stuff I've targeted, and gotten some stuff on impulse cheap by watching the auctions close.

I think I see something.... hm I would hate to check out from CLink just shipping one book.

I did purchase a page of art tonight but with the newness of the seller, it could turn into a milkshake post.