• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sort of a game... guess the grade. Amazing Spider-Man #6 : Closed.

34 posts in this topic

Just something fun to pass the time.

I'm looking for some feedback and opinions on a grade for this book.

The results will be posted on this board once I get it back...

The book wasn't pressed but a small amount of the grease pencil marking in the title was lightly erased.

rtW21pt.jpg

u6GFbZs.jpg

Large FC scan here:

kCrAv7N.jpg

This would be a fun one for the grading contests, as it's about as tough a mix of flaws to pinpoint as a book could have. I could believe CGC would call it anywhere from 4.0 to (on a good day, giving the chipping a 'production' pass...) maybe 6.5 or 7.0.

As nice as the book looks, I'll throw out a guess of 4.5. My hesitation to go higher is based on the size of the chips, the paper looking a bit fragile in that area, and other general wear & the stain on the back. Let us know!

I'm going to go with 4.0. If all of those chips were on the corners I can't see it getting better than a VG. Guess we will see.

Thanks for the input!

I've decided to turn this into a small contest and there will be a prize for the winner or winners.

I'll keep this running until Saturday at midnight (12:00am EST... 9:00pm Pacific).

Only 1 guess per board member.

There is a twist...

This book was used as a test to satisfy my curiosity about something 'new'. ;)

Okay, after thinking about this for a bit, maybe I can't really do this. The mods will have the final say.

Full disclosure-

The book was once graded by CGC and I will show that image.

'Marvel Chipping' fascinates me when it comes to grading and I actually agreed with CGC on how they initially graded it.

I submitted this book to another service.

Not PGX...

And that's where I'll leave it for now.

EDIT- The 'guess the grade' refers to its current incarnation.