• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sorry but yet another thread/question about Ebay purchase

3 posts in this topic

I had never seen this before and was curious if this is a red flag or what the reason for this is:

I won an Ebay auction for a GA comic last night and received an invoice from the seller. He has 100% feedback with nearly 1300 positive feedbacks. I have tried to pay with paypal but get a message that says:

"(seller's name) PayPal account is unable to accept your payment at this time

Contact the seller to assist you with completing the order at this time"

I did send him a message but is this in any way a red flag. I'm sure I'm being overly cautious. It is a nearly $250 purchase and if I were able to complete it would Ebay and PP protection but don't to hassle with a problem. I will not pay with any other method.

BTW, his auction states, payment via paypal or paypal credit which I guess is fairly standard.

Anyone else ever seen this or know why it may happen?

Thanks

Maybe there is an issue between the seller and paypal(suspended account or something)

I'd keep trying to complete the transaction through paypal to make sure it wasn't a one time glitch or something, and wait to hear back from the seller.

But I would not use another form of payment.