• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death of Wolverine

50 posts in this topic

Talking to my file LCS owner, all of the stores here ordered big and the first issue to sell out across the city is...............#2. Anyone else seeing similar trends in their locales?

Is that normally the case with these type of books? Order heavy for #1 and then cut your losses for #2?

I still see #1 in my area, but no #2 or 3...

Let's see what Chuck thinks:

#1 $9.95

#2 $14.95

#3 $7.50

#4 $7.50

The pony tail has spoken.

Talking to my file LCS owner, all of the stores here ordered big and the first issue to sell out across the city is...............#2. Anyone else seeing similar trends in their locales?

Is that normally the case with these type of books? Order heavy for #1 and then cut your losses for #2?

#1 $9.95

#2 $14.95

#3 $7.50

#4 $7.50

Interesting. I might have to start putting up sets on craigslist at $40 apiece to see what happens.

#1 $9.95

#2 $14.95

#3 $7.50

#4 $7.50

Interesting. I might have to start putting up sets on craigslist at $40 apiece to see what happens.

Went to 2 LCS yesterday. Talked with the guys and they said they pretty much sold out on all the issues 1 - 4. There was less than a handful remaining but those were beat up pretty bad from handling.

Curious question about the ending...

Is there anyone in the Marvel universe who can cut or melt Adamantium? Theoretically, could Logan have taken a revival vial or had his healing factor kick back in and is still alive inside the Adamantium?

Back in the early 90s when I was still collecting the 1988 run, when Magneto stripped him of the adamantium his healing factor was weakened as well. I believe the theory was that it helped augment his healing factor if I recall correctly. Not sure if that held into the 00s though.

IIRC, that is incorrect. The adamantium actually retarded his healing factor. After the adamantium was removed, I remember him being run over by an 18-wheeler big-rig in one issue of Wolverine, and going from flat-line dead back to perfectly normal in a matter of seconds.

-slym

Yeah, I thought the gimmick was that the adamantium was slowly poisoning him and it took a good portion of his natural healing factor in order to keep it from killing him. Didn't he survive a direct blast from a nuclear explosion and/or Gambit detonating his bo inside Wolverine's skull?