• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January 9, 2005 Local Philly Show Airport Ramada

11 posts in this topic

2005's first local Philly show will be held at the Airport Ramada Inn. Free admission for the first show at this new location! I hope area forumites will come out and support the local show!!!!

If you want to say hello at the show, send me a PM and I'll give you my cell number. Always interested in meeting new forumites. Probably be there around 10 or 10:30 am.

I know Al Stoltz of Basement Comics and Gary Platt of Adventure Planet will be there. The two best dealers in the room by far.

www.philadelphiacomic-con.com

It may just be a dinky local comic show, but at the Philly Ramada gathering I acquire more raw high grade beauties each month than in a year of buying unslabbed Russian Roulettes on E-Bay. Thanks to Al, Jeff, Dave, Koop and Gary for making this an excellent show. Just to keep the folks at CGC happy, I bagged a Thor 126 (first Thor title) in 9.2 with a terrific white cover, but the chance to peruse raw stock is what makes shows like this one so great. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL COMIC SHOWS!

To wit:

684509-conan5.jpg

684509-aqua52.jpg

684509-aqua52.jpg.105cda9a97f6c1066873a6dc18771e0f.jpg

And two more. The first one replaces my original owner copy that got dinged into the VF range from two coast-to-coast moves in the days before backing boards. While the front is extraordinary, and the pages white, the back has a half-inch crinkle that takes it below NM:

684514-X95.jpg

This one is simply gorgeous, with a fantastic Adams cover:

684514-SA215.jpg

684514-SA215.jpg.da5f36732cdb60f96c6c45f3a8fb41d3.jpg

I agree. We should be supporting this show. Wasn't looking for a whole bunch of highgrade this time, trying to track down DC 100 Pagers I wanted.

Glad you found a Thor 126 -- would have snagged that book myself had I seen it!

Picked up a ton of stuff, and the new room is larger and a huge improvement. As always, talking to Al and Gary was the highlight of the show. Picked up a few nice books from Koop as well.

If you are in the area, it might be a "local" show but it's worth your time to stop over. I only ran into the above board member there, but I'm always interested in seeing a board name with a face.

Hmmmmm, next one is March 20......... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Take a ride down the turnpike and join us, Brad! While the selection of great books is not deep, it is really enjoyable to make buying decisions based on one's personal preferences about eye appeal and tolerable defects. Heck, you could pick up the North Jersey contingent on your way, and we could turn the event into a total comic Geekfest, with the cheesesteaks on me. thumbsup2.gif

I would have loved to have been able to go to the show today. Was there a decent amount of EC's and pre-code horror? There use to be one dealer-first name John, forget his last-who had a lot of this stuff. A helluva nice guy, and his wife was a great lady too.

I believe the guy you're talking about is out of Harrisburg PA and he always sets up there. He has a tendancy to rub people the wrong way, so I'm glad you've had a good experience with him.

Yes, he was there this show....

As for pre code stuff... couldn't really say, but I'm sure Al or Jeff definitely had some. Also, there is another guy set up there who definitely would have that stuff... can't remember his name but I see him at all the major shows.

I'm glad to here he's still at the shows. I'm surprised that others have had problems with him(if we are indeed talking about the same guy), because he was always very nice to me. But it's been a few years since I've been to any shows, so maybe things have changed.