• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I went out to buy some Eisner and Finlay and came home with a Raymond

7 posts in this topic

So I went out this morning to see a friend from whom I have been buying OA for the last 2 1/2 years or so.

I wanted to purchase a cool Eisner Ellen Dolan character guide and an amazing Finlay pulp illustration, both of which he put on hold for me the last time I saw my friend. After a nice lunch and a long talk about film and comics I asked him about the two pieces and he let me know that he was to tired to go through all his stuff and dig them out (he is in his 70's) and that I could have them the next time I'll visit him.

I just could not bear to go home empty handed and spotted a Raymond Rip Kirby strip. After a short discussion about Raymond's art we came to an agreement and I purchased the strip as a consolation price.

I have recently closed down my CAF gallery (temporarily?) but feel the need to share my latest purchase with a few fellow collectors, so here it is:

RipKirbyJune131955_zps56000ea6.jpg

Thanks. (thumbs u

I closed my CAF because my collection had to much visibility on it. I am not thinking of selling any pages in the near future, but I'd like people to "forget" the pages I own. OA that has a lot of visibility is not as interesting as stuff that people have not seen in a while (or never) IMO.

I purchased a Wrightson pin-up a couple of years ago from a collector who owned it for almost 30 years. Only a few friends of his had seen this page. I received a lot of messages and offers from people telling me that they had never seen it. I sincerely believe that pages like this one create more interest due to the fact that that they are "new" to the market.