• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arch Nemesis - Who's number 2?

41 posts in this topic

Batman / Joker / Ra's Al Ghul, definitely.

Although, the latter is my personal favourite Batman villain. For me, not much between the two. Sure that Joker would get the popular vote for No. 1.

Not a chance. Goblin killed Gwen, knows Peter's identity, tried to kill Aunt May etc. Doc Ock tried to marry Aunt May. It's not even a contest that Goblin is Spidey's Arch (though I think Ock appears in more stories and I do know that he was intended to be his Arch)

I'd actually argue for Ock to be #1 as well. More stories, and Spidey had his hands full every single time. Ock was the villain in #31-33, arguably the best story in the title. The Goblin appears too few times, and even the Gwen story, as awesome as it is, doesn't overcome Ock's overall body of work. This doesn't even count Ock taking over as Spidey for the better part of two years.

To me Goblin had a bigger overall effect on Peter. He killed Gwen. Doc may have had him evenly matched but only the Goblin put that dread fear into him. He pushed away so much from MJ for that reason, he constantly worried about Aunt may for that reason. It made his secret identity matter. Ock was just a tough villain who appeared alot.

Even in "death," Norman's legacy (Harry/GG II and the Hobgoblin) caused a lot of trouble for Spidey.

And then he came back.

Let's go... like... deep....

Batman: #1 Arch Enemy -

Himself

Batman: #2 Enemy = The Joker

That's a good point. Reminds me of the Batman : Ego one-shot by Darwyn Cooke.

Thanos - Entire Marvel Universe / Avengers

Uhm... Captain Marvel and Silver Surfer, perhaps?

Warlock too

My mistake, Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet

Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet - Himself/Entire Marvel Universe

Batman/#1 Joker #2 Bane

Spidey #1 GG/#2 Venom

X-men #1 Magneto/#2 Apocalypse

Avengers #1 Ultron/#2 Kang

Supes #1 Lex/ #2 Doomsday

Wolverine #1 Sabretooth /#2 Lady Deathstrike

Jesse Custer #1 Saint/ #2 Herr Starr

I definitely agree with your Avengers choice.

Ultron followed by Kang. No doubt. (thumbs u

Martian Manhunter - Fire 1 / Oreo cookies 2

lol Thanks I needed a laugh, Ole MM is a favorite of mine that doesn't get enough luv.

Aquaman - Black Manta 1 / Starkist Ocean Master 2

I would defer to Speedy regarding the Flash. lol.

Venom would have been a contender for #2 except Marvel killed off Eddie Brock and replaced him first with Mac Grogan (Scorpion), and now with Flash Thompson. :sick:

Magneto is the leader of the Brotherhood of Mutants so I will still say Sentinels are #2.

I also have to go with Ultron / Kang as the #1/#2 foes of the Avengers.

For the FF, I might lean towards the Skulls for #2 instead of Galactus. It's a toss up though.

Lastly, Greggy vs. Everyone.

Cheers!

N.

Batman / Joker / Ra's Al Ghul, definitely.

Although, the latter is my personal favourite Batman villain. For me, not much between the two. Sure that Joker would get the popular vote for No. 1.

This one has my vote

I would defer to Speedy regarding the Flash. lol.

Venom would have been a contender for #2 except Marvel killed off Eddie Brock and replaced him first with Mac Grogan (Scorpion), and now with Flash Thompson. :sick:

Magneto is the leader of the Brotherhood of Mutants so I will still say Sentinels are #2.

I also have to go with Ultron / Kang as the #1/#2 foes of the Avengers.

For the FF, I might lean towards the Skulls for #2 instead of Galactus. It's a toss up though.

Lastly, Greggy vs. Everyone.

Cheers!

N.

As if the Spider-Man storyline could get even more screwed.