• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how to ship cgc comics so that they don't crack

21 posts in this topic

Almost all packages I receive with "fragile" written or stamped on the box are crushed, dented, beat up. I think some Postal workers deliberately treat them worse out of spite.

Gentleman in all fairness and despite the, "facts" this is a silly argument and as such we will keep it light hearted but just for arguments sake and because the conversation tickles my interest for some peculiar reason are we actually assuming these men/women deadeye target boxes labeled as delicate and damage them out of, "SPITE" or for kicks?!!! I absolutely agree with Roy that the human aspect has been somewhat removed from the equation and that the actual packaging itself is the most important thing and the only near foolproof way to avoid damage but out of spite? really? Out of spite of what exactly? having a paid job to do or is it just for kicks? Like I said this is meant in a light hearted manner but are we assuming this of all jobs then. We have too right? When something specific is asked of us do we deliberately do otherwise just because we are on the job or for fun? When you order a steak medium do the chefs cook them rare just out of spite of having to cook them longer or for kicks? Could we take it as far as when my nurses are ordered a certain medication regimen for one of our patients do they deliberately bring the wrong ones just because they are at a job and are, "spiteful" they could be somewhere else. If we have a confused high fall risk patient we DO NOT let all the siderails down, take away the call light, and de-activate the bed alarm. These human beings could be considered more fragile than the rest. We "label" them as such in their charts and treat them accordingly. In fact we do the exact opposite of what I stated and go the extra mile. We do all those things and usually more. We pass it along in report, we give them special socks, sometimes we even put a one on one sitter with them just to protect them and the list goes on and on...Do we still have falls? Of course we do in fact we average 4-6 falls a month. But rest assured it is not because of lack of trying whether spiteful or just to see the world burn. Is this a gross exaggeration of the circumstances...Absolutely...but come on guys, boxes get damaged whether labeled fragile or not...I agree it happens...but to assume more times than not our trusted members of our parcel system are gonna smash our items just out of, "spite" of labeling them as fragile is simply silly and trust me I have seen some of the board statements and the so called studies on the google machine. I will go on to end this rather hilarious and like I said light hearted rant by stating I have received hundreds of comics in the mail. Only one has ever been damaged and it was NOT marked as fragile...coincidence? Yes probably lol