• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much do you spend weekly on Comics ??

53 posts in this topic

Last weekend I went to my favorite LCS to pick up my daily new comics - only 4 issues and one manga book. Total was like about $30, and this was for the entire month (Sept). This month - October - I'd maybe get 3 issues max.

Of course ... if we're talking about back or OLD comics. This is another story and I'll let my :blahblah: wallet speak for me. lol

On average, $40 or so. I've been dropping titles left and right recently. I have a five foot stack next to the bed of floppies and tpbs. So many comics and not enough time to read them. :ohnoez:

This is the same issue i have as well... no pun intended :grin: i buy alot and time is so limited. as i kid you have nothing but time to read them, As an adult working 5 days a week, trying to balance family time, and time with the girlfriend it leaves me with 1 day a week to catch up. i have most recently started bringing them to work and just read a few during lunch to just catch up on things

As for the reason of making this thread im just curious, as to how much fellow enthusiasts spend is all. My roommate was laughing saying to me this afternoon prior to work " I bet they smile when they see you walk in every week." oh well i enjoy the hobby.

My Pull List

Amazing Spider-man

Unity

Rai

Archer and Armstrong

X-O Manowar

Bloodshot

Harbinger

Shadowman (on hiatus?)

Eternal Warrior (still on hiatus?)

Valiant Mini's

So... 9 books a month (ASM is biweekly) at $4 each... $8.25 a week?

In the next few weeks... probably the average will be about $6-7 a week.

On the chopping block:

Bloodshot

Harbinger

Shadowman (probably won't pick it up when it resumes)

I will probably add Ivar the Timewalker though.

I recently stopped picking up:

Turok

Magnus

Solar.

Usually around 30 on new issues, but that depends if hey have any cool wall books or other things in the store

Perfect example today $30 in books $35 walking dead all our war artist proof hardcover $39 joker mask thing

No wall books though

a rough estimated i must spend tops 20$ on new comics... a year!!!

the cover prices are ridicouslly high imho and overral the quality is... :boo::tonofbricks:

which is very positive because:

1- i don't buy a lot stuff since i don't have much time (why having piles of books on the house that you don't read?)

2- save quite a lot

3- accumulate a nice budget to hunt for special books.

4- build up some "discipline" on building your collection

it's crazy the annual income for new comics you spend if you aren't careful (or if you don't enjoy them much to justify the expense).

regards

My pull list are all Simpson comics. They are actually all good/fun reads. I think it is around $30 per month. I heard that Suicide Squad or Sinister Six is starting up again so I would add that to my pull list.

Anything else, I am patient enough to wait until they are dollar bin items or cheap TPBs.

Nearly nothing. I don't buy any monthly books, except for the occasional Corben 1-shot or mini series. I spend my money on comic strip reprints, most books from PS Artbooks, Illustration magazine and stuff like that.

I am usually between $40 - $60 a week for comics, depending on what comes out. I am also picking up the Eaglemoss chess pieces for Marvel, so depending on what comes in my weekly cost goes up.

And this doesnt include buying any back issues or trades. I usually keep about 100 comics in my read pile.

i've made a divider for the new Silver surfer comic, yet i have issues 1,3,4,5 yet i havent read anything past 1 because i havent gotten ahold of 2 yet... so its like im buying them and not reading it anymore...

Outkast by Kirkman i have issues 1-3 never read...

Today i bought a Sabrina the teenage witch #1 probably won't read it neither...

And the publishers thank you for the contribution!