• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirby's Best Work After Marvel?

69 posts in this topic

I've been reading some issues of Kamandi the past week. The book is beautiful to look at, but the story isn't great. It is fun, but it just isn't very polished. I've enjoyed it enough though that I'm curious if there is something even better out there to read.

What is Kirby's best work after Marvel?

I like the Demon a lot. It's my favorite Kirby 70's title.

+1

Absolutely love the Demon series! Although I was burnt on Ebay a while back buying a "NM" 1st issue. Brings back terrible memories!

Still some wonderful work

I like the Demon a lot. It's my favorite Kirby 70's title.

+1

Absolutely love the Demon series! Although I was burnt on Ebay a while back buying a "NM" 1st issue. Brings back terrible memories!

Still some wonderful work

Demon is the sleeper that hasn`t been discovered yet!

kirby-demon2.jpg

demon1a.jpg

+1

I love the art so much that I purchased a splash page some years ago.

It's been decades since I've read any of this stuff, but as a kid I far preferred Kamandi and The Demon to the 4th World books.

Same here...decades that is.

I could not really get into Kamandi for some reason and in all due fairness probably never gave it a chance however my nods go to Demon and MM

Didn't he come back to Marvel after the 4th World DC stuff and did things like Eternals, Devil Dinosaur, Captain America, etc.

So do you mean the second time he left?

Eternals was another series that was awesome when I read it as an adult!

jkeidet.jpg

0127-3passgrdv-eternals1.jpg

2012-05-29_image2.jpg

ad-eternals.jpg

That was my favorite as well with his return to Marvel. Since I liked New gods, kind of makes sense.

Machine Man wasn't bad either.