• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New "Spider Gwen" ongoing series

22 posts in this topic

Don't think it officially has a title yet but I'm interested to give this one a try. if the story is half decent, the book might even stand a chance at lasting for a while. :wishluck:

http://www.newsarama.com/22377-ncyc-2014-marvel-announces-spider-gwen-ongoing-wolverine-s-return.html

Silk-1-Cover-Dave-Johnson-b1bbf_zpscypdl6k4.jpg

Spider-Gwen-1-Cover-Robbi-Rodriguez-2387b_zpsriazq6al.jpg

Who has more lasting power? Spider-Gwen or Silk?

If they leave Gwen in her own universe my money is on her. (Hope they get rid of her slippers)

I've heard a lot more buzz about Spider-Gwen so far. It'll be interesting to see both series, Silk seems kinda cool too.

Silk does. A brand new character that they can do anything with and it will all be in continuity of her character building.

Gwen will be the hottest one to start but (in my opinion) Silk has the most potential in the long run. Hopefully Marvel will not screw it up like DC did with Jokers Daughter.

Edit: This was my answer to 1dingo's question.

Don't think it officially has a title yet but I'm interested to give this one a try. if the story is half decent, the book might even stand a chance at lasting for a while. :wishluck:

http://www.newsarama.com/22377-ncyc-2014-marvel-announces-spider-gwen-ongoing-wolverine-s-return.html

Is this a time displaced Gwen Stacy? Where in the time stream did they rip her from for this? If it is not a time displayed Gwen, how is Marvel explaining how Gwen is back? Alternate universe ala several of the X-Men characters?

I love the costume. Not entirely sure why they had to use Gwen Stacy for this? (shrug)

So, Flash Thomson has been Venom. Has Mary Jane ever been a superhero? How about Aunt May?

Is this a time displaced Gwen Stacy? Where in the time stream did they rip her from for this? If it is not a time displayed Gwen, how is Marvel explaining how Gwen is back? Alternate universe ala several of the X-Men characters?

I love the costume. Not entirely sure why they had to use Gwen Stacy for this? (shrug)

So, Flash Thomson has been Venom. Has Mary Jane ever been a superhero? How about Aunt May?

She's from an alternate universe, from the recent Spider-verse storyline. Peter Parker is the Lizard after taking Dr. Connors formula. How about Mary Jane being venom?

Mary Jane was ( or still might be (shrug) ) Jackpot

I thought Jackpot was another character that looked like Mary Jane?

You're right, Mary Jane was never Jackpot. They were just teasing that she could be but then revealed her to be a separate character.

[Not entirely sure why they had to use Gwen Stacy for this? (shrug)

She was just supposed to be a small part of the Edge of Spider-verse storyline but fan reaction was so fast and positive that they decided to roll with it.