• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Defenders issue is this page from?

26 posts in this topic

Yes Brian, Im a huge fan of Luke Cage (as well as other pioneer black heroes, Black Panther, Falcon, Black Goliath, Blade, etc.). I also collect relevant books of these characters.

BTW, I am as well! (thumbs u – a bit weak on Blade as I have very few Dracula books…

I picked up some early Blades and Blade cover TODs that I just picked up too..

Will post once the deal is complete.

I am a bit biased but these must be among the finest stories produced by Marvel in the 1970s… :cloud9:

Defenders...hm Ive only read the Avengers Defenders War...that whole arc surrounding the Evil Eye. I can imagine being a young kid waiting for each issue with those classic hero vs hero battles headlined by Hulk vs Thor.

My era was the New Defenders with Angel, Gargoyle,

Moondragon, Beast (?). But I do wish to actually grab an Essentials vol 1-2 of the early Defenders series.

Loved those classic battles myself. When I decided to sell my defenders and Avengers completionist runs I kept those.

Dont start with the speculators!!! :pullhair:

Not really… lol

But I meant right: the "first Luke Cage both as a hero for hire and as a Defender" and since the show will be called "The Defenders" and will feature Heroes for Hire… :sick:

I picked up some early Blades and Blade cover TODs that I just picked up too..

Will post once the deal is complete.

I would love to pick early Hero for Hire books, as I have never read most of them (I started reading Luke in italian when he was past issue #20) but right now I must really stop as I overspent… If someone has nice VF+ spare copies for sale I could be interested later on, anyway… hm

Loved those classic battles myself. When I decided to sell my defenders and Avengers completionist runs I kept those.

I must be the only one not loving (so much) the "classic battles"… lol

We should start a "Defenders appreciation thread" in the same vein of the FF one… :cool: