• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPECIAL EDITION: NYC - JUNE 6 & 7, 2015 - Pier 94 (West Side Highway)

96 posts in this topic

Can someone add a list of vendors here?

Ditto, It's a week to setup. I'd like to see a list of vendors too.

Me, three.

If it were up, it'd be here. Since it's not, it's not.

Better off contacting SPECIAL EDITION about this matter.

Two emails to Special Edition with no reply.

Could anyone tell me how crowded this show is?

I'm going to be visiting CT that week and I'm considering driving down to it.

I would love to get Chris Claremont signature on one of my X-Men books.

Any CGC witnesses onsite at this show?

ignore this question as I see CGC is listed as an exhibitor.

Could anyone tell me how crowded this show is?

I'm going to be visiting CT that week and I'm considering driving down to it.

I would love to get Chris Claremont signature on one of my X-Men books.

Any CGC witnesses onsite at this show?

ignore this question as I see CGC is listed as an exhibitor.

Last year was the inaugural special edition and wasnt very crowded at all. there was also another comic con on long island that same weekend. it was in the room where artist alley usually is during NYCC. There was only comic book related stuff witha. couple vendors: midtown comics being one of the major and comic artist signing and sketching. This year the location is brand new and not at the javits convention center.

For signature series with claremont, if i remember right i believe the cost is 10 dollar a book in addition to cgc fees and you would drop the books off at the cgc table and they would get the books signed for you.

So Claremont is $10 a sig? Thanks for that info, I am new to SS and am considering busting a slab or two for his signature.

Anyone know if Klaus Janson charges for CGC SS signatures?

I was considering getting a Spider-Gwen variant triple signed by Mark Brooks, Jason Latour, and Robbi Rodriguez. Anyone know if they charge for just sigs?

Should I be asking this somewhere else?

Thanks for any info I get!

So Claremont is $10 a sig? Thanks for that info, I am new to SS and am considering busting a slab or two for his signature.

I was considering getting a Spider-Gwen variant triple signed by Mark Brooks, Jason Latour, and Robbi Rodriguez. Anyone know if they charge for just sigs?

Robbi as of recently for cgc and no personalization is 5 dollars a sig. I believe Mark Brooks and Latour are free.

Check with Dscott for confirmation.

Robbi as of recently for cgc and no personalization is 5 dollars a sig. I believe Mark Brooks and Latour are free.

Check with Dscott for confirmation.

Thanks!

I may also shoot for some 4x SS books with Bendis, Mack, Janson, and Maleev! I have some great 9.8 candidates among my DD End of Days variants. Too bad Bill Sienkiewicz won't be there!

This is the show to get --

- DAREDEVIL signed by Alex Maleev & Brian Bendis

- ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1, POWERS #1, NEW AVENGERS #1 all by Brian Bendis

- MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL #4 and NEW MUTANTS #1 by Chris Claremont & Bob McLeod

- EDGE OF SPIDERVERSE #2 and aSPIDER GWEN #1 by Jason Latour & Robbi Rodriguez

Enjoy your CGCing folks!

Depending on the size of the stacks you bring latour and Brooks should be free. If you're a facilitator like I am then I usually pay them $5 a book for latour and mark asks for $1 a book. But that's only because I'm usually doing 50 books or more when I see them.

If you've just got a couple they probably will be free. Claremont is $10 and drop off with cgc unless you want to meet him. Then you'll need a witness and he sometimes signs the first book per person for free and then it's $10 a book afterwards.

Klaus is free unless you're showing up with a stack like I mentioned above.

Feel free to shoot me a Pm with any questions and I can pretty much tell you what everyone charges, or asks for these days.

Depending on the size of the stacks you bring latour and Brooks should be free. If you're a facilitator like I am then I usually pay them $5 a book for latour and mark asks for $1 a book. But that's only because I'm usually doing 50 books or more when I see them.

If you've just got a couple they probably will be free. Claremont is $10 and drop off with cgc unless you want to meet him. Then you'll need a witness and he sometimes signs the first book per person for free and then it's $10 a book afterwards.

Klaus is free unless you're showing up with a stack like I mentioned above.

Feel free to shoot me a Pm with any questions and I can pretty much tell you what everyone charges, or asks for these days.

Thanks Doug! (worship)

I have an x men 266 I would love Claremont to sign. Is signing on June 6, and what time would that be, I wanted to get that book CGC'd also.

Also, is Mike Manley signing. I have a darkhawk #1 I would love to get signed by him.

Where do I buy a ticket for the event?

Prices get jacked up at the convention.

You're better off going to www.midtowncomics.com , find a location and get your tickets there. Call them in advance and ask that they hold ticket(s) for you.

CGC will be there. They have a cool deal where if you join their Society at $149 for one year, they'll give you $149 in credit to use to CGC books and this includes anything you get signed & CGCed. Joining also gives you a 10% discount on each book you get done. This won't cover any fees that artists or writers may charge to sign a book for CGC.

There's a lot of big names going and it's a great opportunity to get some sigs on key books.