• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman 27 (1944) LCS find

13 posts in this topic

Are you sure they are missing - I believe the 60 page count in GCD includes the covers. It's not uncommon for 1944/45 books to have half-wraps, with a half inch margin showing on the other side of the staple.

There were 2 pages which looked like they were cut out at different places. I decided to take it back for now.

It does sound like you are describing the two half-wraps that rjpb mentions, which have 1/2" strips of paper left over on the right side of the book. They do look like page cutouts but are from the original print production. Well, anyway, whatever you're comfortable with.

There were 2 pages which looked like they were cut out at different places. I decided to take it back for now.

It does sound like you are describing the two half-wraps that rjpb mentions, which have 1/2" strips of paper left over on the right side of the book. They do look like page cutouts but are from the original print production. Well, anyway, whatever you're comfortable with.

YES! Wasn't this common at that time with comics printed in Canada??

I have couple Batmans like that and I was worried at the time and that is

what I was told. OH and 4.5 is my grade.

Yes, I was concerned about this too when I picked up an All Winners 11 and apparently half wraps were an American practice as well.

(thumbs u

Happy to have this one back in my hands....... :whee:^^:banana: