• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OSPG Most Valuable GA Books

22 posts in this topic

I don't know how far back the top ten lists go in the OPGs, but I doubt they were in any of the first 10 guides (I could be wrong though). Like everything else, there was a time when the price guide was a much simpler thing, listing just prices for G, F, and M books... then articles started, then color sections, then top 10 most valuable books, then in-between grades, and so on until we reached the behemoth we have today.

I have back to OSPG #4 and when I have time, will dig them out.

I may post in the Ask Gator thread and offer some coke zero for Rick and Bob Stoops to replace Will Muschamp. :insane:

:o

I don't know how far back the top ten lists go in the OPGs, but I doubt they were in any of the first 10 guides (I could be wrong though). Like everything else, there was a time when the price guide was a much simpler thing, listing just prices for G, F, and M books... then articles started, then color sections, then top 10 most valuable books, then in-between grades, and so on until we reached the behemoth we have today.

I'll check Brian

Well, I just went thru my guides back to #4 (couldn't find #2 or #3) and the first list for top individual books is in #7. #5 and #6 only had rankings for entire Mint runs of titles.

So, start with #7 and make us a list...

Mitch is mentioned in #4 as "a California collector who paid $1800 for a good copy of Action #1" thereby starting an avalanche of old books coming out of attics.... lol