• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flip through the pages of Action Comics #1 CGC 9.0

22 posts in this topic

Never had the chance to read this!! Awesome little insight

I've read the Millennium Edition and Famous First Edition reprints, but this is on another level entirely. An incredible, fresh-looking original book, and fantastic to be able to leaf through it. :applause:

(thumbs u Rare chance to download and archive as a .cbr or .pdf.

Pretty much every comic you can think of already has….

Yeah, there've been rough Action 1s floating around for years, but this is a whole 'nother level. No chunks missing and no blurry microfiche replacement pages. Pure c2c historic goodness.

Never had the chance to read this!! Awesome little insight

I've read the Millennium Edition and Famous First Edition reprints, but this is on another level entirely. An incredible, fresh-looking original book, and fantastic to be able to leaf through it. :applause:

What he said

Question: what's the chance of this copy being a fake?

Auto-correct.

I mean 0.1%

If I can profit $3 million from putting in the market a fake 9.0 copy, I will put a lot of effort in it. Think about the people counterfeiting money and how close to the original they get. And money have all the anti-counterfeiting measures that a comic book from the 1930s did not have.

What I am asking is: how does CGC know that the comic book is the real deal? Do they run a radiocarbon dating analysis on the book? :-)

Question: what's the chance of this copy being a fake?

Auto-correct.

I mean 0.1%

If I can profit $3 million from putting in the market a fake 9.0 copy, I will put a lot of effort in it. Think about the people counterfeiting money and how close to the original they get. And money have all the anti-counterfeiting measures that a comic book from the 1930s did not have.

What I am asking is: how does CGC know that the comic book is the real deal? Do they run a radiocarbon dating analysis on the book? :-)

Hi botolo. :hi: Please keep in mind books of this rarity, grade, or of a specific pedigree don't just fall out of the sky. Serious collectors/dealers will keep an eye on these types of books and will follow the provenance of such. Seldom will a "rare" GA book come to market without a bit of history being known about the specific book, prior sales, or it's owner(s).