• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First there was Gotham, now there is RIVERDALE

51 posts in this topic

I'm totally on board with this idea and I'm super excited for the show.

Blasphemy!

I'm excited about the show too.

Whether the show is great or a disappointment, only time will tell. However, I'm definitely going to give it more than a chance.

One thing that I'm hoping for is that the show has a musical element. One thing that's easy to forget is that Archie, especially in the cartoon series, included a lot of music. Everything's Archie usually included a song

(you may want to skip to 9:40 )

Of course there was also Josie and the Pussycats which we're supposed to see in the new series and is another opportunity to feature music. Given that the writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa has written several episodes of Glee I'm hoping that we'll see a new incarnation of the Archies on the small screen. :)

I'll be curious to see just how much real life teenagerdom they manage to infuse into the series.

When I think of the stuff I got away with when I was in my teens, everything from petty theft to drug use to sex ( and I was a comic nerd, I was at the BOTTOM end of the felony bell curve, lol ) I expect it to be wholly unrealistic no matter how much "dark underside" they try to inject