• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Studios Announces Phase 3 Lineup

539 posts in this topic

P.S.: I'm going with 3 stones revealed, I've heard some say Loki's spear in Avengers 1 was a stone, but the movie clearly states several times that Loki's spear gets its power from the Tesseract (and that's how it could close the portal).

the staff is a gem, it has the same power as the tesseract because they are both stones, not because they are the same stone.

Also, Warlock has been shown multiple times, so that's where the soul gem will be. So I would go with 5 gems revealed.

Could be, but what made me doubt that (at the time) was Selvig's words in Avengers 1, referring to Loki's staff, which Black Widow uses to close the portal; he refers to it as, "you can't protect against yourself."

Also, if the point of Avengers 1 was for Loki to get the Tesseract for Thanos, why would Thanos give Loki the only stone he had acquired so far?

- However, I found the quote below on the net; I saw the movie in the theater but don't have it on Blu-ray yet - so I haven't had the chance to study it scene by scene.

"Yet, in Captain America Winter Soldier, Baron Strucker says of Loki's scepter, "it is worth more than any of them ever knew," which to me implies that the scepter wasn't just tapping the Tesseract's power (like the Phase 2 weapons would have)."

So yeah, the staff could be a stone, I suppose. :D

I saw this scene recently, and that didn't even cross my mind until now.

:applause:

SO, now that we know the phase 3 movies leading up to Avengers Infinity War, how about a game?

There have been 3 gems, or stones, revealed so far:

1 - the Tesseract from Cap1,

2 - the Aether from Thor 2,

3 - the Orb from the Guardians of the Galaxy 1

In which movie(s) do the remaining 3 stones debut? hm

P.S.: I'm going with 3 stones revealed, I've heard some say Loki's spear in Avengers 1 was a stone, but the movie clearly states several times that Loki's spear gets its power from the Tesseract (and that's how it could close the fail-safe Eric Selvig built into the portal).

To me, I couldn't see the gem on the thumb in the glove, so perhaps Marvel is whittling them down to four smaller 'infinity gems' - plus the big one in the middle. The green (soul) gem is there, so I would be pretty confident in saying Warlock will show up at some point.

And what is with people buying up 'Infinity War' comics? That's not the series the movie will be about. lol

lol it's better than people buying all the Civil War #3's for Thor's clone. Who knows, maybe Infinity Gauntlet is the source material for Infinity War Part I and Infinity War is the source material for Infinity War Part II, but I doubt it.

hm

Basically, in 2020 you can sit on your couch for a 2 days non stop marathon, starting with Iron Man and culminating with Avengers Infinity War part 2.

A lot of movies that can be watched as one single storyline.

Wow, my mind has been blown, I never thought about that until reading your post.

lol sorry to blown your mind.

I did the Lord of the Rings marathon a couple of times, with the extended versions of the movies, but this one will be more like a Iron Man Triathlon :sumo:

New couch....check

1 gallon coffee....check

a wagon load of snacks.....check

can not wait

the staff is a gem, it has the same power as the tesseract because they are both stones, not because they are the same stone.

Also, Warlock has been shown multiple times, so that's where the soul gem will be. So I would go with 5 gems revealed.

Could be, but what made me doubt that (at the time) was Selvig's words in Avengers 1, referring to Loki's staff, which Black Widow uses to close the portal; he refers to it as, "you can't protect against yourself."

just adjusting that quote slightly so you can see my perspective on it.

I think the sameness is two types of the same thing, but two different stones. Just look at what they do, the Tesseract bends space/time, the Staff bends peoples minds.

It's heavily implied online that the staff is a stone

Shows what I know :sorry:

Still, which movie will have Warlock (and his stone) be fully revealed, and which movie will have the sixth stone? :D

I gave my answers already :) , but i'll go again.

Guardians Two for stone 6

Infinity War 1 Warlock revealed

Still, which movie will have Warlock (and his stone) be fully revealed, and which movie will have the sixth stone? :D

Agreed.

I wonder if poor Warlock will have to die in order for Thanos to get the stone. Seems he got the short end of the stick for this one. :(

I was just thinking, considering that one of the stones is the TIME stone, then I think when its revealed, there will have to be some sort of time travel involved.

And if guardians is where the last stone is revealed, it SURE makes sense for time travel to be involved

Star Lord going back to see his mom, his Dad, finding out his who his dad is, maybe while also interacting with him in the present. Maybe Marvel will even throw in a Luke I am your father tongue in cheek hat tip

hmmm, I feel like I just wrote Guardians 2 for them :D

I was just thinking, considering that one of the stones is the TIME stone, then I think when its revealed, there will have to be some sort of time travel involved.

And if guardians is where the last stone is revealed, it SURE makes sense for time travel to be involved

Star Lord going back to see his mom, his Dad, finding out his who his dad is, maybe while also interacting with him in the present. Maybe Marvel will even throw in a Luke I am your father tongue in cheek hat tip

hmmm, I feel like I just wrote Guardians 2 for them :D

I want my money back :P

Where are all of the Sales WTB Threads these announcements should have spawned?

:insane: Fixed, there are a few of the above.

Yeah; saw those. Usually see some sales pop up almost immediately, too, a la Avengers 55.

Maybe there are a lot of people scanning at a furious pace.

thinking more about it, i definitely agree that the modern ragnarok story will be what is told and if anything, they might fully put down thor and the asgardians.

Technically, you could have captain america dead, thor dead, both FOR REAL.

Bucky as Cap in the avengers movies, and for those that know the Infinity Guantlet story, once thanos is defeated and everything he does with it is undone

Thor, Asgard and Captain America could all be restored by the gauntlet remaking things, post thanos killing of almost everyone. It would make for compelling cinema, having the main characters actually die.

It also allows for them to fully change actors on any or all main characters they need to change after they bring everyone back to life when the infinity guantlet remakes the universe. Assuming thanos has killed almost everyone anyway.

thinking more about it, i definitely agree that the modern ragnarok story will be what is told and if anything, they might fully put down thor and the asgardians.

Technically, you could have captain america dead, thor dead, both FOR REAL.

Bucky as Cap in the avengers movies, and for those that know the Infinity Guantlet story, once thanos is defeated and everything he does with it is undone

Thor, Asgard and Captain America could all be restored by the gauntlet remaking things, post thanos killing of almost everyone. It would make for compelling cinema, having the main characters actually die.

It also allows for them to fully change actors on any or all main characters they need to change after they bring everyone back to life when the infinity guantlet remakes the universe. Assuming thanos has killed almost everyone anyway.

:idea: