• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Comic Con in Vermont!

39 posts in this topic

So, that's it for the pics. I think it was well organized for a 1st con. I would have liked to see more golden age books. It was a good experience. I would definitely go again. There was a bridal show at the hotel too. My wife knew the person who put it on so, we stopped in to say hi. She said many cosplayers came in there to get their photo taken with Miss Vermont. lol She was posing in wedding gowns.

Mike, what time were you there?

$20 per person for five comic dealers. :screwy:

Between 1:00 and 3:00 Did you go?

Yeah, was there about 2:45-4 or so.

Mike, what time were you there?

$20 per person for five comic dealers. :screwy:

Between 1:00 and 3:00 Did you go?

Yeah, was there about 2:45-4 or so.

We were upstairs. My wife wanted to say hi to the lady putting on the bridal show. It's too bad we missed each other. :sorry:

I see lots of costumes and artists but how was it from a comic buying perspective?

There were only 5 comic vendors there, they reported healthy crowd(especially early) and busy sales. Not a huge selection of inventory to look through, but there was some stuff.

One of the pictured dealers had $1 books under the table, told at least three people that pulled stuff that he hadn't gone through those boxes in a while and didn't want to sell some of the books they had pulled for $1.

One of the pictured dealers had $1 books under the table, told at least three people that pulled stuff that he hadn't gone through those boxes in a while and didn't want to sell some of the books they had pulled for $1.

doh! Lazy insufficiently_thoughtful_person

doh! Lazy insufficiently_thoughtful_person

Hey! Thanks for pulling out the hot books for me. (thumbs u

Oh no. doh! Don't stir up the Great Show vs Con Debate again! Or at least not until Friday.

I say "show" most of the time even for cons, but consider a con a big, hairy wompus of an affair and a show a much, much smaller 1-day engagement with minimal guests.

I see lots of costumes and artists but how was it from a comic buying perspective?

There were only 5 comic vendors there, they reported healthy crowd(especially early) and busy sales. Not a huge selection of inventory to look through, but there was some stuff.

You should set up next year, Andy. I bet you would do pretty well.