• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Regrade Submission Question

9 posts in this topic

I searched and I am sure it has been asked several times but I did not run across a quick answer. Not sure if my search criteria is off for this board.

When submitting to regrade do most people just send the entire slab back in as is or do they remove it and re submit? I have a few old labels that on the surface seem way off compared to some of the recent books I have bought under the new system. Several of these were ones I had graded in 2000. I did see where some books are coming back restored now as well so there is that risk.

Thanks

Phillip

It doesn't matter - once the book is in front of the graders, they won't know whether it was previously submitted or not.

There's been a couple of cases where blue label books came back restored (or vice versa), but compared to the thousands of books CGC grade every week, those few cases are not even close to being statistically significant.

It doesn't matter - once the book is in front of the graders, they won't know whether it was previously submitted or not.

There's been a couple of cases where blue label books came back restored (or vice versa), but compared to the thousands of books CGC grade every week, those few cases are not even close to being statistically significant.

You have no idea what the actual numbers are, do you?

I handed off 10 books off to CGC and "the other guys"

Any books that were in slabs I let remain in slabs when handing them off to them. The reason being that I felt that they were better protected that way. I trust those who press and those who grade far more than I trust myself in removing a book from a slab. Also I felt that if the books were jostled in the mail that the plastic shell would take some of the impact and it did not matter if the slab cracked since it was going to be regraded anyway.

Why should I have to prove a negative? Considering how loudly people publicize each instance and the amount of books that pass through CGC's hands, it would be completely illogical to claim that a label color switch should be a valid concern on a resub.

Why should I have to prove a negative? Considering how loudly people publicize each instance and the amount of books that pass through CGC's hands, it would be completely illogical to claim that a label color switch should be a valid concern on a resub.

You're not proving a negative, though, are you?

You'd be proving that 'compared to the thousands of books CGC grade every week, those few cases are not even close to being statistically significant.'

Which, without the actual number of cases, it would be difficult to do?

You're not proving a negative, though, are you?

You'd be proving that 'compared to the thousands of books CGC grade every week, those few cases are not even close to being statistically significant.'

Which, without the actual number of cases, it would be difficult to do?

It's a fact that CGC has graded millions of books. There have been, what, a handful of well-publicized cases over the last couple of years dealing specifically with books switching from blue to purple labels. Even if there were 100s of known cases of this happening (and there aren't), it would still be statistically insignificant.