• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first foray into Golden Age collecting.....could have gone better

12 posts in this topic

I decided that I wanted to jump into Golden Age books by buying something in a lower grade with a classic cover. I finally settled on Weird Science-Fantasy 29, an amazing Frazetta masterpiece on the front. I paid about $50 for a decent looking G/VG. I got it in the mail today complete with its amateur color touch by the staples on the sub crease. frustrated.gif To make matters worse I also got my VF copy of X-Men 58 in the mail today complete with upper staple pop! frustrated.giffrustrated.gif This is after I specifically asked the seller if the top staple was detached. frustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.gif. Not a good day for comics. If it wasn't for the great undergraded X-Men 62 I got a few days ago I would be through with eBay. Thanks for letting me vent. sign-rantpost.gif893blahblah.gif

Here is the WS-F 29....

weirdsci.jpg

Sorry for the bad luck. frown.gif

If you ever want to sell the WSF, lemme know. I'm trying to complete an EC collection for cheap, and restoration doesn't bug me(unless it's undisclosed).

october_fire,

I'm not just trying to make you feel better here but $50 bucks for that Frazetta WSF is not such a bad price given the CT and condition IMHO!

BTW: OT After reading a couple of your posts regarding "The Goon" I recently picked up issue # 10 (The Christmas Carol issue) and loved it!

october_fire,

I'm not just trying to make you feel better here but $50 bucks for that Frazetta WSF is not such a bad price given the CT and condition IMHO!

BTW: OT After reading a couple of your posts regarding "The Goon" I recently picked up issue # 10 (The Christmas Carol issue) and loved it!

Good! Another convert! 893applaud-thumb.gif Get the first 9 issues, you won't be sorry. Actually I think the Christmas issue is the weakest so far, but only because of the prose story taking up space.

I know the price wasn't bad, but I really don't want resto, and the CT bleeds through on both front and back covers (discoloring part of the title).

Another Goon-ie is born! thumbsup2.gif

There are TPBs for the four issues of the 1st, 2nd, and latest series.

TheGoonVol1NothinButMiseryTPB_044325.jpg

TheGoonRoughStuffTPB_044123.jpg

TheGoonMyMurderousChildhoodTPB_044122.jpg

BTW - BlackBirdEditions recently had all of them up for sale and they didn't sell. Might be able to make a deal.

Another Goon-ie is born! thumbsup2.gif

Flink emailed me about the drawing in my sig-line and looks like she will be checking out The Goon as well. thumbsup2.gif

Eric Powell interview coming in Horror Comics Review #5 ...... grin.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

When?!?!

The interview is already in the bag. Just a matter of getting the issue together in a prompt manner! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Let me know if you need any help (proofreading and the like). laugh.gif

Do you have a name yet for the letters column yet? The only thing I could come up with is...

"Tales from the Writ". smirk.gif