• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ridiculous Detective 1

43 posts in this topic

Ian, is this your old MF #53? If so, I see why it hasn't been sold! That book is a "Frankenbook" and has extensive resto! It looks as if it were removed from a trimmed bound volume.

Indeed, it WAS removed from a trimmed bound volume. But it's still a complete More Fun 53, key issue, origin of the Spectre, the page quality is excellent apart from the trimming, and it's worth way more than two thousand bucks. It cost me more than that anyway.

The trimming is pretty much the sole factor that keeps me from bidding on the MF #53....I try to avoid restored, but for #52 and #53 I'd be willing to deal with it, if not for the trimming...

The trimming is pretty much the sole factor that keeps me from bidding on the MF #53....I try to avoid restored, but for #52 and #53 I'd be willing to deal with it, if not for the trimming...

But the pages look really nice quality inside. Harley has way undersold it - it looks much nicer than he suggests. I had it for years before upgrading it.

It is a fugly book, and I generally try to steer clear of books with so little eye appeal, and I wouldn't pay anywhere near than 4k for it, but hey, it is Detective 1....I wouldn't see 2500 as being unreasonable...

Yeah and I actually bid more than that in the end. But as for value for money, lets face it - it was no bargain.