• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know how many collectors there are for comics over $1,000?

61 posts in this topic

think you have to differentiate between those who would pay 1K or more for certain key/grail books knowing they're never going to find them for less, and those collectors who more routinely pay 4 figures for books they want. My guess is there are alot of collectors whohave never spent more than a couple hundred on a book who would pony up over a thousand for say a low grade AF#1 or FF#1 if they felt it was a good deal.

An that's the really question.

How many will pay more than $1K for a book for THEIR COLLECTION at FAIR MARKET VALUE?

I'm not sure if there would be 2,000 if you eliminated all the dealers and bargain hunters.

Would I pay $1,000 for a baseball card. NO (I don't collect them).

If someone wanted to sell me a Mickey Mantle Mint rookie card (certified of course), would I buy it for a $1,000. Yes.

Hmmmmmm....

Thats a great point - there are far fewer in the mix at $1000 when if you think about it in terms of cost absorption. While I also agree with the quote that the madness starts at 10K and I've never been that insane.gif I would also think that there is a significant drop off for a buyer of a single book for straight cash at $5000, especially for the category Steve describes IE 5K for an accurately graded book at FMV.