• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In your opinion, who have the upper hand?

Who is the King?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the King?

25 posts in this topic

Where is the option for not enough information to make the call? The book being sold, the hot factor of the book, the interest that the dealer may have had before the person walked up to look at the book, how long the dealer or site had been sitting on the book, how long the buyer had been looking for the book, the offers that an online seller may also have (or not have) would all play into who has the upper hand. Way too many factors go into that to sum it up in a poll with three options. 2c

I'm saying the seller in my case. The comics I want are not that popular and basically the owners of said comics can pretty much charge what they like, or they can hold on to the book for as long as they want. It's a win/win for them. And a "that sucks balls" for me

Where is the option for not enough information to make the call? The book being sold, the hot factor of the book, the interest that the dealer may have had before the person walked up to look at the book, how long the dealer or site had been sitting on the book, how long the buyer had been looking for the book, the offers that an online seller may also have (or not have) would all play into who has the upper hand. Way too many factors go into that to sum it up in a poll with three options. 2c

+1 Not enough information. Though in general I would say the seller in this current climate of price inflation. If it doesn't sell now it will probably be worth more tomorrow anyway.

Depends on the book.

Some people put a "for sale" sign in the window of their car, park it at a busy intersection, and are willing to negotiate because they want it gone before tags are due. Some people enter a car into a show and Arab royalty flies in from another hemisphere and offers the guy about five times over his unreasonable dream price to pry it from his grip. Comics are the same. Some comics are 1989 Toyota Corollas, some are mint condition coachbuilt Bugati racecars.