• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In your opinion, who have the upper hand?

Who is the King?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the King?

25 posts in this topic

SELLER

Seller has the book. He has final say

Buyer has the money but seller can always wait for another buyer

Buyer could wait for another book but it will never be that exact book and each has their own plus/minus.

Of course whoever needs the money or book the most will usually pony up

its a sellers market right now and for the past few years, it wont last forever.

+1

Sellers don't have to deal much unless there's a cashflow problem for them. It's a tough time for educated buyers trying to get books on a deal, or at a discounted rate because there are plenty of buyers out there throwing cash at books and plenty of crazy Ebay listings to bolster exaggerated prices.

I try to play on both sides of the fence, but I definitely see that it's a seller's market.

I would say buyer because to be honest nobody needs a comic book. If you have to walk away from closing on a deal because your personal finances have changed, then that's what you do. It's not that easy to move most books at the price you want.