• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hollywood Confessions

6 posts in this topic

Here's the other issue - Hollywood Confessions #1 - 1949 - Joe Kubert cover and 2 stories. These early St. John's are pretty hard to come by.

Outside of these two, I can't think of any other Romance covers that Joe Kubert drew.

hollywood_confessions_1.jpg

Interesting books, ECFanMan! I find the position of the comic price a little strange on both covers (you'd think they would place it towards the top in an area where it is well displayed?)

Congratulations on your find! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

If Kubert had not signed the covers, I would never have recognized the artwork. Are the inner stories more recognizable? They're not like his TOR books, which are obviously Kubert and immediatley recognizable.

The Kubert art on the covers and the stories is similar to his late 1940's Golden Age Hawkman stories and his work for Avon. The Tor's were a few years later and some of his best stuff from that period.

Now that Eisner has passed away, Joe Kubert is probably the comic artist who has been drawing comics the longest AND is still producing quality work today.

Here is another of his early St. John covers. Son of Sinbad #1 (1950).

son_of_sinbad.jpg