• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So What is the Key Warlock Book?

118 posts in this topic

Found FF 67 at the con today for $25!! WOO HOO! I love this book and was thinking about paying $60 for a fine copy. I'd say the one I bought is around the same. Glossy as hell :cloud9:

Not that anyone cares, I just couldn't hold back the excitement.

(btw, 67 is thee Warlock key to have :gossip: )

I for one have transitioned from FF67 to Thor 165. FF67 is a very very close 2nd and Marvel premiere is a very close 3rd. Fractions separate these books but if you look at who owns what move rights and are a person who ties those to books like so many do today, in movie form thor 165 would play out the best introducing warlock to the story.

Thor 165

FF67

Marvel Premiere

If you are a warlock fan like myself you need to own all three books which I do.

I see FF 66, 67 as conception, Thor 165 as development, and MP 1 as birth. Being old school, I hold to FF 66 as the first appearance when the character was originally conceived. As far as key, I feel it should be MP 1, when the character emerged definitively as Warlock. BTW, I own all three, so that doesn't sway my thinking.

I think Strange Tales 178 should enter into the equation because without Starlin's seminal work on Warlock, the character wouldn't have devloped into something more than just a minor throw-away character. I'm surprised it isn't worth more than it is.