• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whitman US #179

8 posts in this topic

G'day

I'm new to site and concept of grading.

I have been collecting Walt Disney comics (in Australia) since the mid 60's and have 99% of any that have been published here since 1968.

This includes the majority of what are listed as the "rare" Whitman WD comics from 1980.

I'd greatly appreciate opinions/grading on this one.

cheers

Ken

US%20%23179%20FC.jpeg

US%20%23179%20BC.jpeg

TY.

The only bit I understand is " large crease on the lower right of FC"

Could you please expand on

"moderate cover/surface wear, cbc's on spine, soft corners, some waviness"

cheers

Ken

TY.

The only bit I understand is " large crease on the lower right of FC"

Could you please expand on

"moderate cover/surface wear, cbc's on spine, soft corners, some waviness"

cheers

Ken

Diminished brightness/gloss/color. It's worn from general handling and exposure. CBC's = color breaking creases. Corners are worn/blunted, not sharp. The "waviness" I see is on the table cloth near the fortune teller, also just below by the table leg. Maybe "ripple" is a better word? It's not a crease or indentation as I see it.

Thinking of having the book being pressed, it will be improved by removing the ripples on the cover but two crushed marks on the top hat and near the top of the table cloth will not be removed. Very slight improvement. The long deep indentation may be unremovable. The ripple on the bottom edge can be removed.

Once the book is being pressed, I think the book should be upgraded to about 6.0/6.5.

Unpressed, it will be 5.0.

Hello to another 'local' (I'm in Canberra) Disney collector. :hi:

I'd say that book is faded significantly and that's going to take some grading points off. The other bits of wear would probably make it 6.0 - 6.5, but I'd say overall 5.0 or so.

Drop me a PM if you want to talk Australian comics.

Hello to another 'local' (I'm in Canberra) Disney collector. :hi:

I'd say that book is faded significantly and that's going to take some grading points off. The other bits of wear would probably make it 6.0 - 6.5, but I'd say overall 5.0 or so.

Drop me a PM if you want to talk Australian comics.

:hi: mates!