• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Trolling…

52 posts in this topic

Amazing-Spider-Man-Renew-Your-Vows-2015-a906c_zpse97f0202.jpg

I know the event seems really over the top, but part of me thinks it looks like a LOT OF FUN.

Universe reboot presenting all the timelines that could be, never were, almost were, were once and then changed and so on.

They have been drifting toward it for years since there have been fractures in the timeline with Avengers, Spider-verse stuff and the X-Men going and retrieving the old X-Men to fight in the "present".

Amazing-Spider-Man-Renew-Your-Vows-2015-a906c_zpse97f0202.jpg

I know the event seems really over the top, but part of me thinks it looks like a LOT OF FUN.

Universe reboot presenting all the timelines that could be, never were, almost were, were once and then changed and so on.

They have been drifting toward it for years since there have been fractures in the timeline with Avengers, Spider-verse stuff and the X-Men going and retrieving the old X-Men to fight in the "present".

Sounds interesting. Baby May was stolen by Norman Osborn in Spider-man #75 (issue where Ben Reilly dies). Should have been handled years ago instead of all the junk they did, but hopefully it will be good.

Neo-Non-Continuity :cloud9:

I hate it when fictitious creations do stuff I don't like.

I will say I like Kuberts art.

I just happen to like the house style of Marvel of yesteryear, part of growing up in the 70s and 80s I guess.

I don't like having to wonder who Peter Parker or Mary Jane is when I open the comic.

Monthly comics sold better when there was continuity within the title and continuity in art and writing styles.

The artist obviously tried to capture Peter's likeness-I have to assume he did the same with MJ but it was a FAIL.

I just happen to like the house style of Marvel of yesteryear, part of growing up in the 70s and 80s I guess.

I don't like having to wonder who Peter Parker or Mary Jane is when I open the comic.

Monthly comics sold better when there was continuity within the title and continuity in art and writing styles.

Monthly comics also sold better before the 90s, the digital age, kids reading , direct market, and many other things....

I'm not sure art is the reason hm

Monthly comics also sold better before the 90s, the digital age, kids reading , direct market, and many other things....

Totally not. Stories were SO much better by the sound of it.

Totally not. Stories were SO much better by the sound of it.

Certainly a more traditional form of storytelling was used. The trend to avoid captions (narrative voice) and thought balloons (internal monologue) can be limiting.

And there is the occasional tendency to make the contents of a panel more of a pinup than part of a connective narrative device.