• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Trolling…

52 posts in this topic

Well you may. But Mary Jane should still look like Mary Jane regardless of who does the drawing. Comic artists should capture people's likenesses no less than do photographs.

:rulez:

Staying on model. I couldn't agree more...but this hasn't been practiced at Marvel for over 20 years unfortunately.

Noticed that as well. I haven't collected since the 90's but have noticed a drastic change in perception from then to now. Some good, some bad.

Deadpool is my biggest disappointment. I liked Liefeild's rendition and whoever did his one shots and begininng of his series in '97, but nowadays? Just doesn't look right to me.

Noticed that as well. I haven't collected since the 90's but have noticed a drastic change in perception from then to now. Some good, some bad.

Deadpool is my biggest disappointment. I liked Liefeild's rendition and whoever did his one shots and begininng of his series in '97, but nowadays? Just doesn't look right to me.

It's funny because way back in the day it was such a point of emphasis. An artist taking over a title would try to lean towards the style of the artist who preceded him on the book for a few issues to make the transition smoother for the fans.

Nowadays it seems like with every new artist comes wholesale visual changes so they can make it their own.

So Peter Parker is married again? And is that supposed to be Mary Jane? If so, could Marvel not have found an artist capable of capturing her appearance?

???

It's a white chick with red hair hanging on Peter Parker. How is that not clearly MJ?

It's funny because way back in the day it was such a point of emphasis. An artist taking over a title would try to lean towards the style of the artist who preceded him on the book for a few issues to make the transition smoother for the fans.

Nowadays it seems like with every new artist comes wholesale visual changes so they can make it their own.

Yea cause this Gwen

gwen7.jpg

Looks exactly like this Gwen:

asm42c_zpsb8a59dc1.jpg

Better add a disclaimer...

No images of Christ or Buddy Christ were harmed in the creation of above meme. No offense intended towards Christians, Atheists, Catholics, Kevin Smith fans, the Spirit of Christmas, Amy Grant or board bottom feeders and only humorous effect desired. If humor has became a crime, then 1984 is truly upon us and Hal from 2001 has already won.

xxx ooo

Rupp

Or to hit where your heart is Logan:

This Sue

sue33.jpg

Looks just like this Sue

sketch-InvisWoman2005jpgphp_zpsbba85a58.jpeg

Staying "on model" is not making one look exactly like the other, obviously artists have different styles. The theory is imagine all those artists drawing from the same live model, the pictures won't obviously all look the same but the source will be somewhat recognizable.

Or to hit where your heart is Logan:

This Sue

sue33.jpg

Looks just like this Sue

sketch-InvisWoman2005jpgphp_zpsbba85a58.jpeg

Shameless! Stan Lee should have taken some of those bullpen artists of his off to the side and smacked them around a bit until they learned how to draw.

:tonofbricks:

So Peter Parker is married again? And is that supposed to be Mary Jane? If so, could Marvel not have found an artist capable of capturing her appearance?

???

It's a white chick with red hair hanging on Peter Parker. How is that not clearly MJ?

lol:applause: (thumbs u

-slym