• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's up with the (EDITED) number if auctions in the buy it section?

58 posts in this topic

I don't think of it as screwing people over. I think of it as holding a book for ransom. And if you ever want to see it again. you better give me what I am asking.

Also known as the business side of collecting.

ARGHHHHH OK. IVE SAID THAT I GET THIS.... I REDACTED IT... COME ON.

Actually I'm agreeing with you. I hate that the buyer seldom decides the price of a book. (thumbs u

...has a redictulous staring ask, and an uncontainable bin fee.

Bit early for the bourbon, surely? (shrug)

lol Redictulously early!

How else am I supposed to watch these momma's babies without Redictulous amounts of bourbon.

touche

I don't think of it as screwing people over. I think of it as holding a book for ransom. And if you ever want to see it again. you better give me what I am asking.

Actually I'm agreeing with you. I hate that the buyer seldom decides the price of a book. (thumbs u

Ah, what a wonderful world that would be.

I set high BINS because the rules say it needs a BIN.

I do think all auctions should start at a dollar, or perhaps a dollar per book. Auctions that start at 100% of retail turn me off, but those fly by nighters will be gone soon enough so no big deal.

I'm sure this has come up before, but what is the deal with the redictulous number of auctions going on right now? One or two kind of make the experience fun, but not only is just about every third thread an auction, but just about every other one has a redictulous staring ask, and an uncontainable bin fee.

Has CGC just become the new ebay without the fee? I say, let CGC charge for auction fees if that's what this site is becoming... I know this has been said before, but trying to scr3w fellow collectors (I get it- it's not screwing someone if they're bidding, see my note below) over is beyond me... I get the 'movie' related jumps (I've fallen into that hole myself) but the action trend in every thread bugs the he(( out of me.

(CHANGED SO THE TOPIC IS FOCUSE ON MY COMMENT BELOW - I get that it's not scr3wing anyone)

hm Are you scr3wing with us here?

Everyone wants to buy low and gets mad when a seller prices high. Rinse and Repeat.

Dan

I actually don't mind paying a little extra for a book that I like as long as its a reasonable offer. I think most of the people who sell here have offered good deals. I should have clarified that most of my comic buying has been through eBay where the majority of sellers there demand crazy prices for non key books. Sellers and buyers have made the market into what it is today and whether I like it or not. it is what it is,

Everyone wants to buy low and gets mad when a seller prices high. Rinse and Repeat.

Dan

I actually don't mind paying a little extra for a book that I like as long as its a reasonable offer. I think most of the people who sell here have offered good deals. I should have clarified that most of my comic buying has been through eBay where the majority of sellers there demand crazy prices for non key books. Sellers and buyers have made the market into what it is today and whether I like it or not. it is what it is,

Reasonable!

Dan

If the OP is having bourbon while typing this, at least it would explain (though not excuse) the poor use of grammar and the insensitive use of the R word. Otherwise, he is simply an embarrassment to fellow Virginians and should delete his comments. In fact, he should most likely do that anyway.

Edited for publishing... :banana: