• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman DKR #3 CGC 10.0

60 posts in this topic

Just to get back on topic, grin.gif, I saw that in the census. I should have realized that once it hit the census it wouldn't be too long before someone tried to cash out. With that kind of coin, I could buy the entire set in: 9.8 & 9.6 & 9.4 or pay my rent for a month tongue.gif

I finally got that set in 9.6 and I'm happy with it. I don't see the need to pay an additional $300-$400 for a 9.8 right now.

DAM

I love this series...in fact, it is probably my favorite set ever... but that price is insane. I have an ungraded set in the 9.6-9.8 range, and it will stay ungraded because I have no plans on ever selling it. Now, if they are all 9.8 quality in my eyes, on a good day they might just look like 10.0. It is all about perception, not concrete fact. That is why it is insane to pay this type of premium just because a couple of guys called it a 10. Maybe if that book gets sent in on a day when the grader has a hangover, it comes back a 9.8.

I don't mind asking a seller that I am buying form for more stuff, but I don't like bothering my buyers unless we establish a relationship somehow, like some of my repeat customers. You can always ask him yourself by clicking on his ID. laugh.gif

I still cant believe I traded my Hulk 181 for a stellar copy of Fish Police #1 years ago......we all do dumb things occasionally. It WAS a first print of Fish Police at least... smirk.gif