• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what do you do when this happens??

114 posts in this topic

The nerve of some people. I can't for the life of me understand not paying for a book right away.I mean if you're going to post the :takeit:you better have the dough in hand.

With rest of this scenario there seems to be way too many red flags,something happened on the buyers end.

+1

Did I ever mention that I'm never selling books, ever?

To the topic at hand:

- was your packaging box in a box, or just cardboard in a padded envelope? We'll never know for sure who damaged the book, but we can make educated guesses who did. I'm picturing the box going to the girlfriend's house, and either she or one of the kids leafed through the comic like a doctor's office magazine...

- what was the value of the books sent? In a perfect world, the books were cheap. I'd post the boardie's name as part of the discussion, and move on, whether or not you get the books back.

To the buyer, if he's reading, yes, this is a community. We want a safe place for adults to buy and sell books in a cordial and professional manner. If you can't afford what you've bought, and you're laying the groundwork for reasons the seller is going to ruin things for you, then you don't realize what kind of environment you've wandered into. Selling on the boards depends largely on trust and good faith from both parties, and you don't sound like you're willing to buy into that idea. There's nothing you have to offer that's worth the trouble you're going to cause, so run along and find your jollies elsewhere, please.

Did I ever mention that I'm never selling books, ever?

To the topic at hand:

- was your packaging box in a box, or just cardboard in a padded envelope? We'll never know for sure who damaged the book, but we can make educated guesses who did. I'm picturing the box going to the girlfriend's house, and either she or one of the kids leafed through the comic like a doctor's office magazine...

- what was the value of the books sent? In a perfect world, the books were cheap. I'd post the boardie's name as part of the discussion, and move on, whether or not you get the books back.

To the buyer, if he's reading, yes, this is a community. We want a safe place for adults to buy and sell books in a cordial and professional manner. If you can't afford what you've bought, and you're laying the groundwork for reasons the seller is going to ruin things for you, then you don't realize what kind of environment you've wandered into. Selling on the boards depends largely on trust and good faith from both parties, and you don't sound like you're willing to buy into that idea. There's nothing you have to offer that's worth the trouble you're going to cause, so run along and find your jollies elsewhere, please.

The book was in a box, with thick card board and bubble wrap and I think I'm pretty good when it comes to shipping - and as angry as I feel with the buyer, the USPS has serious issues as well - the sorting machines and all of the hand tossing, etc.

The issue for me is that too many things occurred prior to the book being shipped coupled with the fact that book was signed for by someone other than the authorized recipient of a restricted delivery. USPS hasn't answered why that occurred.

The book was fairly expensive. It was amazing to read the buyer's missives - abusive to say the least.

one of the reasons I like these boards is that for major $$$ comic transactions both as a buyer and seller, I feel more at ease doing those transactions here vs on eBay.

The added peace of mind that you are dealing with a higher standard of individual is what makes this place comforting when sending or receiving large amounts of money.

Stories like this are the exception and as others have noted, it's probably best to put all the information out and let each of us decide

Don't bid if you don't have the money. Pay immediately! No where else in the retail world can you go buy something and take it to the check out and say "I'll pay for it later- hold it for me" unless you have made prior arrangements (layaway, financing, etc.).

I'm not sure if th person is eligible. They completed the transaction and you have no proof they deliberately damaged the book.

I know personally I would never hesitate to purchase a book from you.

That's what I was thinking - but what about the move with a USPS claim and Paypal??? (thumbs u

You should out this piece of work,so nobody else deals with him.

exactly

A little Detective (pun intended?) work and you may be able figure it out.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or if I should start a separate thread. The photos are of a package of cgc books I bought from eBay. The seller has posted to the boards but not in quite sometime. I do not want to mention the name. I was wondering if people here would be concerned by the condition of the package when it arrived. Only $100 in books . The books were not damaged but I took the photos preemptively just in case. Should I avoid the seller in the future just based on the box?

35c1pp4.jpg

21eapts.jpg

rk9b0x.jpg

A separate thread might be a good idea.

I'm not sure if th person is eligible. They completed the transaction and you have no proof they deliberately damaged the book.

I know personally I would never hesitate to purchase a book from you.

That's what I was thinking - but what about the move with a USPS claim and Paypal??? (thumbs u

You should out this piece of work,so nobody else deals with him.

exactly

A little Detective (pun intended?) work and you may be able figure it out.

hm

have you spoken to paypal?

I just did - saw that they deducted the money from my account because of the dispute. I've now escalated the case.

Did I mention that the buyer still hasn't responded to a pm sent close to 5 weeks ago?

I just did - saw that they deducted the money from my account because of the dispute. I've now escalated the case.

Did I mention that the buyer still hasn't responded to a pm sent close to 5 weeks ago?

Has it been read?

Has it been read?

No.

I wasn't sure but to confirm, you've asked for pictures and he has failed to provide them correct (of the box/shipping), he only provided pics of the book

right?

Correct. He only provided pictures of a book with what I believe to be the cover of the one I shipped and a few detached pages. The book I shipped, although old, had its pages attached.

is that the only complaint? that the interior pages were detached?

Are you 100% that is your book?

I am not sure its my book. The cover looked like mine but there's no way to verify anything.

What's problematic is the behavior of the buyer prior to the book's delivery coupled with a restricted delivery being received by someone other than the buyer coupled with 2 days of delayed notification and then a week for a response related to a possible refund.

What's also problematic is the buyer not addressing a pm that mentions a willingness for a refund under certain terms and then the ignoring of a pm that mentions the filing of a USPS claim to benefit the buyer.