• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Villains on the cover

22 posts in this topic

Has to be Doom. He appeared steadily in FF, he has crossed over into just about every other Marvel title, and was featured in Super Villain Team-Up and early Astonishing Tales.

Loki is a rare sight outside of Thor. After Avengers 1, he appears once more until the reboot, while Doom has 5 Avengers covers to his name. I think they have one each in West Coast Avengers as well.

My money would be on Doom or possibly Magneto.

Do we count the issues where Magneto wasn't strictly a villain? Defining what is and isn't a villain is probably key too, since Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Venom, Deadpool etc. all started as villains. Maybe a better question is what antagonist (i.e. not the title character or member of title team) has appeared on the most covers?

You should open it up and include DC :baiting:

I'm curious about comparisons in the numbers such as Doctor Doom vs. Joker. hm

Didn't mean to derail the Marvel Only thread. I think the responses were to my post suggesting opening it up to include DC villains. :shy:

You should open it up and include DC :baiting:

I'm curious about comparisons in the numbers such as Doctor Doom vs. Joker. hm

DC had 20-25 more years of comics to feature Joker. And then you have to consider Batman has been in multiple titles for almost as long (Batman and Detective Comics.) I'm guessing Joker has more covers by far.

For Marvel, it's Chameleon. He was on every cover, you just didn't recognize him.

Nope, the Invisible Girl/Woman was on the scene even for covers that featured no humanoid characters (and, therefore, no Chameleon), you just can't see her. :baiting:

My money would be on Doom or possibly Magneto.

Do we count the issues where Magneto wasn't strictly a villain? Defining what is and isn't a villain is probably key too, since Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Venom, Deadpool etc. all started as villains. Maybe a better question is what antagonist (i.e. not the title character or member of title team) has appeared on the most covers?

Another relevant question: Do we count Doom-Bots?

Doctor Doom appears in 2455 issues.

Joker appears in 1863 issues.

I'll see if I can break it down by cover appearances. hm

But it makes sense. Joker is pretty much only a Batman character whereas Doctor Doom has appeared in almost every Marvel characters book at one time or another.