• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Comic Convention (CalComicCon) 2015

75 posts in this topic

NO COSPLAY.

;)

I believe there was a single instance of cosplay. I brought my son when he was about 3, and let him wear his Superman costume from Halloween.

I remember that,but you guys didn't stay long.

I have literally abandoned SDCC,for this show instead.It doesn't hurt that it's in my backyard either. :headbang:

It's more like SDCC has abandoned us!!

You got that one right! Am I going to see you there my friend?

its not all bad, just look it like this,SDCC it will give way to another small show, local show and they can showcase and expand into what could turn into another great Cali comic conv.

I have literally abandoned SDCC,for this show instead.It doesn't hurt that it's in my backyard either. :headbang:

Planning on attending assuming all the stars align.

:wishluck: hopefully I'll see you.I got a hankering to buy Frazetta Creepy's for this show.

As a promoter I always wished we could have Stan the man Lee at my show as a guest but due to scale and budget restraints We could never pull that off. Now thanks to Frank & Sons Collectible show we virtually have him as a guest. think about it, they are less than 22 minutes apart and only 13.5 miles away.

That gives everyone double reason to mark their calendars for 25 January to be an all comic book day.!

drive map

This will be my first time attending! Driving down from San Francisco with a buddy of mine. Anyone got a good restaurant recommendation to grab dinner at after the show? Don't need anything fancy, just some good food!

Also, does a line typically form before the doors open or is it pretty easy to stroll in right at 9:30am?

There is always a line in the morning, one line is for cash the other for on-line tickets ( much faster as change does not need to be made)

The Promoter, Staff, some out of area Dealers and Guest Artists always go to the Taps Fish House and Brewery after the show. There is also a great Japanese steak house near. Hibachi Steak House in Anaheim Hills. These are good, not fancy restaurants, otherwise there are tons of chain restaurants on Imperial Highway ( the road the show is on )

There is always a line in the morning, one line is for cash the other for on-line tickets ( much faster as change does not need to be made)

The Promoter, Staff, some out of area Dealers and Guest Artists always go to the Taps Fish House and Brewery after the show. There is also a great Japanese steak house near. Hibachi Steak House in Anaheim Hills. These are good, not fancy restaurants, otherwise there are tons of chain restaurants on Imperial Highway ( the road the show is on )

Hi Terry, I paid for my ticket online but did not receive anything other than my PayPal purchase confirmation. Is that all I need to get in? Thanks for the recs!

Planning on attending assuming all the stars align.

:wishluck: hopefully I'll see you.I got a hankering to buy Frazetta Creepy's for this show.

Did you see this one?

Comic Link Creepy